So....opinions on Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torenia

12-07-2012

I too believe the reason she isn't as popular was because not only is she support she came out late and Vi was already revealed beforehand, whom I am very excited for (tomboy hand-to-hand is always a win win). People who may have played her probably stopped because she isn't a burst caster like people try to build her as.

Remember that you aren't a damage dealer but a disruptor with your cc and pokes while supporting your team. You will definitely notice saving lives if you land your skills especially Q and R well. BFT later will help give you more push in your poke when enemy team has more hp by then.

Lvl100Pidgeot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

She's like lux but with less damage.

ricedream5

12-07-2012

I feel like you can make her an ADC.

Mad Suppordle

12-07-2012

I like her kit, but I feel like she needs some minor QoL buffs to skill projectile speed.

bierfaust

12-07-2012

Ranged Alistar. Knock up is king. Especially on DOM if you have a duelist to babysit with her. Makes it retardedly easy.

Grantson

12-07-2012

She's so dependent on a partner to help her finish off people. But I guess most supports build tanky here so that's to be expected. My only compliant is her "E". The base number of Tide-caller's Blessing is low so without AP you can't see much damage difference, also the 1 second slow on a person who has tenacity is very unnoticeable.

Passive - 30 movement speed is what? 6%-11% speed buff on average? You end up triggering it a lot, so it's pretty good.

Q - Nice skill shot. Low CD, Hard CC to disrupt. A tad on the weak side of damage if you build tanky. Even at max level the damage is just a bit short of clearing minion waves in one hit which kind of bothers me when you're trying to defend points.

W - The range of hop is nice and quick. No complaints here, it's so easy to apply it's like Sona's heal you don't need to think much about targeting.

E - Leveled this last because it feel weak. I figured it acts like 3rd movement speed buff for a low mana cost of 55 if I leave it at level 1.

R - The wave moves just a tad too slow but the distance it travels is pretty amazing. At close range it slows 2 seconds so a lot of AD's with distance closer can still catch you if used for defense get away rather then a offensive chase.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

She's great and is a major help in teamfights, but she suffers drastically when alone. I know all supports do, but I feel like she does more than others. She can run away just fine, but defense is another story.

What I mean is how a Lulu can usually hold out 2v1 on a turret for a while, Nami is susceptible to getting rushed and torn down. Even if you land every ability, she has a comparatively long downtime where she has no spells to cast. Lux has the same issue, but she also has her ungodly range and excellent minion clearing ability.

That said, I feel she adds more to a teamfight than most supports, helping in every way from damage, healing, CC, MS, and buffs. She can't clear a minion wave for her life, but she can make or break a team fight with only a few well place spells.

Long story short: It's dangerous to go alone, take a buddy with you.

Bma

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
I'm actually amazed how 'unpopular' she is compared to the past half dozen champions or so. Normally I wouldn't even think of trying to play them for the first 3-4 days because everyone and their dog is fighting to auto-lock them to play themselves. However I went three games tonight without seeing a single Nami on either side. Really bizarre.
Well most people don't want to try out a squishy champion in the current black cleaver meta unless they actually know what they're doing.

MyDeadGrandma

12-08-2012

I think I'll stick with Lulu and not get instagibbed. I swear the width of her ulti is far smaller than the animation of her ulti suggests.

Right now there's no reason to be hit by her R unless you're either already taunted/suppressed or she's firing it point blank from the bush. Which works for summoners rift in her role as a support.

Infirc

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidas View Post
So broke down and bought her, lost the first and only game so far with her but I am still impressed

@Torenia Thank you, I'll have to try out that build

@Sakuri Ono I imagine it's partially because she is a support, and also because of Vi being revealed so early. I imagine Vi stealing her spot light so quickly really does not help her popularity...........which is fine by me. Although funny thing is there was a Nami on the enemy team
Vi having a broken w doesn't help either in Nami's popularity plus the reason most players play anyways is to "get kills and facestomp so me no likey support cuz no get kills me buy vi and facestomp better". i love supports don't plaay them as much in Dominion because low elo= "omg we lose report x player for picking support on Dominion" so i better save myself the headache and play a broken botlaner also i'm not even getting Nami because everytime they nerf a support which is almost always, they have to buff a bruiser last time they nerfed Lulu they buffed Olaf (ffs Olaf didn't even need a friggin buff!!) so i'd better buy something they'll buff with no apparent reason than something that will keep getting nerfs till the end of times Particularly because people on the pbe is already complainng that vi feels weak so they'll probably buff VI/Elise (or Jax, hue) at the same time they nerf Nami.

/rant