So....opinions on Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Anyone tried her out here? Debating on if I want to get her still or wait for Vi since I mostly play dominion.

konfetarius

12-07-2012

Opinion #1: inFe eD is so gud with her, he misses her ultimate when shooting it into a corridor of smaller width than the spell itself.

inFe eD

12-07-2012

Like I said, Ezreal parted that ult like Moses did. My aim is, as always, 100% accurate and infallible.

Vsin

12-07-2012

That featured game was funny. Yes, your game was actually featured on the main client page.

Zulgaines

12-07-2012

Strong in SR, not so great in Dom.

I felt that her spells were very easy to dodge or at least get in a better position to take the stun, but very good when they landed. Which is why she'll be strong in SR, since 5 bad snares and one solid hit can turn a game around.

Redenbacher

12-07-2012

Their games are always a blast to watch. Makes me wish I was at their level.

I witnessed Infeed obliterate a Teemo as Kha'Zix. It was nothing short of satisfying to witness.

...uh, but back on topic. That game also had a Nami, forget the name, but she seemed fairly potent. Needs teammates around though, great for setting up kills.

Torenia

12-07-2012

Have had 6 wins in a row with her so far. Most other Namis I see building AP which is a bad idea.

I build her similiar to Lulu, starting with Chalice and Boots and 2 pots. Generally rush Frozen Heart afterwards then Blackfire Torch/Abyssal Scepter. I would make a Wooglet after but generally the game ends before then. The reason to be building tanky is because she, like Lulu, don't have high ratios and are better off being disruptors and tanky to hold the cap point and assist the team when possible. Both champs have fairly high base stats on their abilities which is all you need for the most part.

Flash and Garrison, max Q first (for cd) then W and E last

Aiming your Q is detrimental between a good Nami and a bad one (besides not going AP like most do). I can't really give too much advice on this besides aiming it in front of the path they are moving or if you know they are going to run. Another time is those who use gap closures and aim it to where they will appear.

Use E on your initiator to keep them from running or yourself when saving someone. Spam W obviously to heal and do some minor easy poking at the same time.

Your ultimate will be used in large fights or when defending top with Garrison.

She's a fairly straightforward champ if you know this and are able to land that Q. She may not replace Lulu but she is still great in the right hands.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, spam your abilities on your teammates when leaving the fountain to have them catch up, including your Q which does give the passive speed bonus (or yourself if alone).

Sakuri Ono

12-07-2012

I'm actually amazed how 'unpopular' she is compared to the past half dozen champions or so. Normally I wouldn't even think of trying to play them for the first 3-4 days because everyone and their dog is fighting to auto-lock them to play themselves. However I went three games tonight without seeing a single Nami on either side. Really bizarre.

Phourc

12-07-2012

She's... ugh. Not like... super god tier amazing, but I'm absolutely sick of her low cooldown, AoE stun.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

So broke down and bought her, lost the first and only game so far with her but I am still impressed

@Torenia Thank you, I'll have to try out that build

@Sakuri Ono I imagine it's partially because she is a support, and also because of Vi being revealed so early. I imagine Vi stealing her spot light so quickly really does not help her popularity...........which is fine by me. Although funny thing is there was a Nami on the enemy team