need some help/tips/ideas on 2 things

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KATARlNA OR AFK

12-07-2012

I bought Zyra, big mistake...I suck as her and i used all my refunds. I really want to learn how to play her so i dont feel like 6300 IP went to waste so I'm asking for help on that....then theres xin xhoa....none of the champions i play can kill a fed xin zhoa (fiora, darius, varus, syndra, vayne) so i was wondering is there any sure way to kill him with any of those champions?

saMux

12-07-2012

Any champion can be killed, Xin especially. I'm not sure how fed you are talking but, heres what I would do. AS zyra. Xin uses his E to charge me. I root him with my E W W Q, Ult. The root prevents him from knocking me up with his 3rd strike. The 2 W's i lay down are the seeds, then i pop it with my Q, you must do this very fast. Assuming he is not to far above you, toss ignite while hes still in your ult. Or w/e summoner you have. And vayne is just kite all day. Xin charges, Vayne E's him away. Xin wont be able to have another gap closer so at that point i would pop my ult and chase, and if he comes near me kite him back, if he E's to you again just E him away and continue to harass until hes dead. Its actually quite simple.

KATARlNA OR AFK

12-08-2012

yes but your forgetting he can activate his w and to do this in under a second or two , and when you in the air he can still hit you and by then your at at least half hp or lower

Uncanny Doom

12-08-2012

With Zyra you have to have a handle for both skillshots and being able to use her plants in tandem with her abilities. She's definitely not an easy champion since you have no escapes and need to have good positioning to do well with her as a result. But she does big AOE damage and has great CC and is fun to play, so here's some tips.

- You have to manage your mana and seeds well with her. Zyra has real trouble killing people without a plant being involved so don't just mindlessly spam abilities if you can't land them and don't throw your plants or seeds out for no reason. Going into a team fight with no seeds is a common mistake I see many Zyra players make.

- Your optimal harass combo is E-W (throw the seed down before the E to get a short-range slowing plant), Q-W (again, throw the seed down before Q pops but after E lands to get a long-range damaging plant). Try practicing this and don't follow up with the second half if your roots didn't hit. Landing her roots is crucial to being able to play her. A more simple harass is simply trying to Q-W a champion. Even if you miss the Q the plant will go for it's closest target so if you place the seed correctly it will effectively zone out your champion and force them to deal with the plant.

- Your optimal combo for your ult is E-W-R-Q-W. Again it's key to get her plants in there because her ult will make the plants go crazy on everything nearby.

- She can clear the backline with E-Q. I forget exactly what level but just try it out in a custom or something. It's very good to know when you're capable of pushing the lane because Zyra roams well.

- You have to be very careful and patient when you play Zyra. She can't afford to waste cooldowns on a missed ability, especially in a team fight.