Arthfael, the Fist of Protection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arashi Kashi

11-06-2012

First time doing a concept, and I seriously hope it is well done. Anyways, any kind of constructive and positive critique would be gladly received.

---

Arthfael, the Fist of Protection

Attributes: Melee, Fighter, Tank

Health: 455 (+115)
Health Regen: 8.5 (+0.75)
Mana: 200 (+33)
Mana Regen: 6 (+0.5)
Range: 125
Attack Damage: 52.5 (+4.5)
Attack Speed: 0.635 (+2.85%)
Armor: 20 (+3)
Magic Resistance: 30
Movement Speed: 320

---

Appearance: With a height of no more than 5'7 (1,70 meters for those who use the metric system), the fair-skinned Arthfael isn't a really imposing figure, most of that because of his young and lanky aspect, which helps to deceive his enemies into believing he's some kind of fragile fighter who can fall with even the slightly graze. His hair, normally unkempt, is dark-green in color, just reaching the base of his neck, reinforcing the common misconception of it as some kind of untamed brush. His skin, while lacking the normal scars that are believed to exist in warriors, is nonetheless adorned by a birthmark just under his eye, similar in looks to an arrow.

Regarding clothes and other protection besides his magical gauntlets, Arthfael's decision drifts towars the comfortable and practical, forgoing the use of any other kind of armor except of a normal iron chestplate without shoulderpads. Under it, he wears a teal sleeveless shirt. Dark blue baggy pants and black leather boots are the finishing touch of his normal wardrobe, with no armor to protect his lower body so as to not be encumbered by a clunky armor.

---

Personality: One would consider that, by the title he earned, Arthfael would be a humble, silent warrior. Most people make that mistake during their first meeting with the young warrior. Loud, boisterous and always eager to get in fights just to prove he's the strongest, that would be his very quirky way to express his inborn desire to show and improve his power, something that pushes him into looking for bigger, stronger opponents to challenge and defeat. Not a very bright person, but Arthfael is very capable of using his own kind of wisdom to solve those problems that don't require the use of his fists, giving him the (quite surprising) image of a pragmatical sage that is short in academical knowledge, but who learned many things by experience.

Still, when the time comes, he can be as serious as anyone can when the situation requires it, as he has to focus if he wants to complete the missions he's given, even to the point of pushing aside his own primal desires of the glory of battle.

---

Lore: The city-state of Demacia, known as the birthplace of those who seek to defend justice at all cost, holds beneath its walls a single-bound will to preserve fairness and virtue. But while most of the population blindly follows this kind of viewpoint, there are others, the few ones, which chose not to devote their life to justice, but to other equally important objectives. Arthfael is one of those who seek another choice, a choice between duty… and protection of the powerless.

One could assume that, given his desire to protect, Arthfael is a naturally born Demacian, but secrets lurks behind the shadows of his mysterious past, shrouded under the veil of time and dark dealings that forced him to escape from his homeland: Noxus. True to his origins, power is everything to this young man, once a proud member of the rival city-state, but after seeing day after day the debauchery and corruption of the Noxian populace, who views his decision to protect his friends as pure weakness, incapable to recognize the strength of a pure ideal that drove Arthfael to give his everything just to fulfil it, the young man decided to run from what he considered a wretched hive.

As it once happened with a friend of his, Arthafael decided to roam the land in search of a place where he could feel at home, not only on a physical sense, but also on his ideal of saving others through pure determination and power. His wanderings around the land took him, nonetheless, in a different direction as his long-time friend, as he ended reaching Demacia, quickly applying in its military just to prove to his former kinsmen that his ideal of life, his own path to power, wasn't an erroneous one, even if he has to rip apart his enemies with vicious ruthlessness. But, as the challenges dwindled, he had to look somewhere else to validate his power of "protection"... and such a place existed already: The League of Legends.

---

Passive - Juggernaut: Arthfael receives 2% of his max health as Armor and Magic Protection.

Q - Skullcrusher:
Mana cost: 100 / 105 / 110 / 115 / 120 mana
Cooldown: 7 seconds

By winding up a little, Arthfael delivers to the enemy a brutal punch to the head of his unsuspecting target, which deals 50 / 85 / 120 / 155 / 190 damage (+0.9 per attack damage) and stuns the target for 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 seconds.

W - Give the bird:
Mana cost: 55 / 55 / 55 / 55 / 55 mana
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Range: 150 / 250 / 350 / 450 / 550

An utility point-blank skill, centered on Arthfael that, on use, taunts the enemy into attacking him by making a rude double-hand gesture for 2 seconds. Each level increases the area of effect of the skill.

E - Aura of the Gauntlet:
Mana cost: 15 mana per second
Cooldown: 3 seconds

Toggle: By channelling his inner power in his gauntlets, Arthfael can cover them with a layer of magic energy, empowering them to deal more damage. This skill grants 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 Attack Damage when toggled on, graphically shown as a crackling red energy coursing the gauntlets.

R - Overkill:
Mana cost: 120 / 150 / 180 Mana
Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60 seconds
Range: 850

After a 1.5-second channelling delay, Arthfael rushes towards an enemy and pushing it towards the ground, dealing a brutal pummelling for 3 seconds, during which the enemy is stunned. This skill deals 5% / 10% / 15% true damage on a single target, based on the maximum health it has.

---

Change log:

• 6-11-2012: Finished the basic layout with skills and stats
• 8-11-2012: Small rework on the lore. Added the appearance and personality
• 10-11-2012: Increased the Mana per level. Edited the mana cost and range of Give the Bird. Reduced the true damage of Overkill

The5lacker

11-06-2012

One of his skills involve flipping people off. All other arguments are invalid.

In all seriousness, though, not too shabby. I don't think that just doing a set 15% of their max health as true damage is very fitting for him though. Perhaps something like Warwick's ult where he just tackles someone and deals a certain number of very powerful hits over time, with his Ult also giving him passive armor penetration. That would probably work better, I think.

Arashi Kashi

11-06-2012

Well, in ideas I thrive, after all. The reason why I did the ult like that, anyways, relies on the fact that it's used as a sort of "anti-tank" skill, which, while maybe its quite overpowered, its intended to deal with those health stacking champions which become quite difficult to deal with later on. Also, it's an ironic thing in this case because, if this champion were to be released, it wouldn't stop a player from stacking Warmogs on it, just to have a giant health pool AND quite a lot of armor and MR.

Arashi Kashi

11-07-2012

Bump~

Arashi Kashi

11-08-2012

Another bump~

Arashi Kashi

11-10-2012

Third bump in a row~

Germanking66

11-10-2012

I really don't like how the scaling of Give the Bird is actually worse per level. Seeing how he is going to be tanky, he might have some mana issues. That being the case, the fact that the cost increases a decent amount and the CD reduction per level is....meh at best, why would I even want to skill this? Is there even a point? I'd really rather keep it at level one so I could spam more. Perhaps you can make it so that its range start very small and then grows a little bit per rank put into it? I'd actually like it to start a little farther than melee attack range, then end at about 600 range or so. This way he can be a longer distance threat and there seems to be a point in scaling it at all other than a very small cooldown reduction. Other than that, I kind of like it. A brand new MAN-MODE champion.

Arashi Kashi

11-10-2012

Yes, the available mana pool was one of the problems I had while thinking about the champion and the skills. Considering the fact that most fighters/bruisers have mana problems if they spam their skills, that was one of the reasons I did Give the Bird in that way. But, given the small benefits it gives considering its high cost, it wasn't much of a surprise that I had to rework it.

Arashi Kashi

11-11-2012

Bumpers~

Arashi Kashi

11-13-2012

Bump