Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi's Q is awkward...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApokalypticKing

12-07-2012

It should be double cast with a Charge meter thats transparentish showing its charge ( bar similar to channeled ults like malz).

So Q to begin charge and Q to use. ATM its awkward to move around while holding down Q with the arrow thingy in the way.

anyone

12-07-2012

I use smart cast, and I like the way it works. I hope they don't change how the smart cast version works. On the other hand, you do have a point about the normal cast behaving more like a smart cast. (starts skill rather than showing targeting retical)

DUDE BRO

12-07-2012

Quote:
ApokalypticKing:
It should be double cast with a Charge meter thats transparentish showing its charge ( bar similar to channeled ults like malz).

So Q to begin charge and Q to use. ATM its awkward to move around while holding down Q with the arrow thingy in the way.

It already works exactly like this.

ApokalypticKing

12-07-2012

Quote:
PROTECT MY BACK:
It already works exactly like this.

Just tested, normal cast works like that, I think smartcast should work like this and normal cast should work like smartcast currently does lol.

The normalcast is more smartcasty since im a 100% smartcaster

Komeiji Koishi

12-07-2012

Could it possibly be changed to reflect Varus Q?

At least, that's the mechanic I can think of that most closely resembles Vi's Q. (btw, smartcast user)

ApokalypticKing

12-07-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
Could it possibly be changed to reflect Varus Q?

At least, that's the mechanic I can think of that most closely resembles Vi's Q. (btw, smartcast user)

What's varus q on smartcast like?

edit: im really liking vi's q on normal cast, so i wont get her on live... i refuse to bother ever changing smartcast e.e

Komeiji Koishi

12-07-2012

Hold Q down, point cursor at desired direction, release Q to fire.

The difference without smartcast is that Varus has an expanding circle as a targeting reticle, whereas Vi has two arrows pointed in the same direction: one solid arrow to indicate how far she can go at the time her Q is released and one grayed-out arrow to indicate max Q range.

Believeinsteve

12-07-2012

I think it feels fine, it feels good to actually have a charge effect. When I'm holding down Q I get the feeling its going to be powerful

Razzcastic

01-03-2013

hmmm wrong forum nevermind.

gpa4

01-05-2013

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
Hold Q down, point cursor at desired direction, release Q to fire.

The difference without smartcast is that Varus has an expanding circle as a targeting reticle, whereas Vi has two arrows pointed in the same direction: one solid arrow to indicate how far she can go at the time her Q is released and one grayed-out arrow to indicate max Q range.

Varus' Q now works like the 2-circle mechanics.