Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are Runes worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

12-08-2012

Quote:
AD Bottom:
I gain 13 armor, 15 AD, 1.35 MR at level 1 from my runes for an AD hero. Go compare that to Ezreal's base stats with no runes.

If I get one or two good Q pokes off on you which aren't reciprocated, then this little base stat advantage is nullified. Don't tell new players to buy runes to get better. Tell them to increase their skill and knowledge of the game first.

Azerax53

12-08-2012

Quote:
bootyhunter777:
Hey guys, I was just wondering if the IP you have to spend on runes, is it worth it? I like to spend my IP on new champs, but I keep getting told that I need to start buying runes, but they cost alot. Advice?

you should have been building runes since you hit level 20. yes they are expensive but they give you amazing stats, definitely Worth it.

bootyhunter777

12-10-2012

Thanks guys!

SaintAndrew

12-10-2012

Runes are great (especially mana regen yellows in mid) and your early game will benefit from them, the only runes you have to have are flat armor yellows, and that's only if you want to jungle. Even then, you can get by without them, it's just a significantly harder start for you. I didn't pick up my runes until I'd been at 30 for a while, and I still don't have a completed mid page, but runes shouldn't win or lose you the game.

Zeff520

12-10-2012

Get 2 champs for each roles (possibly more for your favorites). Get one to decide what you want out of that role, and the second that fulfills it. For roles you like more you may want more champions for countering the opponents pick. I'd get rune sets for your 2 favorite roles.