Which Champion should I be?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sreto

10-11-2010

Yes, I know there's a lot out there and I should try out a few to see what fits my playstyle etc etc. However, there are a LOT of champions to choose from and maybe you guys could point me in the right direction with which ones to buy/try out.

I played a frost mage in WoW. I like the idea of having a lot of escape mechanics but also being able to deal good burst damage when needed.

If there are champions that fit that role please tell me and I'll give them a go.
The champion does NOT necessarily have to be ranged but it is preferred.

Orharnah

10-11-2010

My three bursters are the following:

Kassadin (can Burst and has a short range teleport on low CD for escape)

Akali (can burst and has a small stealth cloud for escaping)

Poppy( can burst, but doesn't really have much in the way of escape. Once you commit, you really commit haha)

IPlayWithSinged

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

anivia(multitude of slows, not really ideal escape mecanisms)
shaco(A slow, 3 second invis for juking, burst damage.)
Tristana(A slow and an escape in one spell[good and bad], ranged carry)

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

I haven't really played that many champs, but Annie and Kennen might be along the lines that you're looking for. Neither have excellent escape mechanisms (Annie has a stun every 5th spell cast, Kennen has an ability that allows him to move quickly for a short duration, and stuns on 3 marks of the storm) but both can output a pretty crazy amount of burst damage. Annie also has the "recommended" tag if that helps at all, and is only 1350 IP.

Otherwise, you may wish to check out the stealth champs (Shaco, Twitch, Evelyn, Akali-kinda) they all have pretty good damage output and have a stealth mechanism which helps them escape.

Of this weeks free to play champs, I'd suggest Nunu (has an ability which increases movement and attack speed, and a single target nuke-iceblast). Zilean also has a few escape/survival mechanisms, as does Anivia, although I think their skill floor is a bit higher. (Isn't Anivia really slow or something?)

Honestly, just mess around. Try out everyone who looks/sounds cool. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. And most of all, have fun.

Rhivath

10-12-2010

Ashe might be a good pick

She is only 450 IP (cheapest champions, dont confuse cheap with bad, cheap is just easier to play - she is quite good), and while not a mage (she is built using damage items and crit) she has a perma-slow on her attacks she can toggle on/off and puts out considerable damage once you get her going. She is a very good kiter and her ultimate is a map-wide arrow that impacts a champion, stunning them for up to 3.5 sec and slowing everyone around them + a ton of damage.

If you want to stick to a caster type, probably Anivia though she is very hard to play when learning the game and costs a ton (one of the 6300 champs). She has slows, stuns, a wall that can control where players go, AoE slow/damage, and very strong burst especially early in the game. All that and to boot she can self-rez by turning into an egg, if the egg isn't killed she pops back up. You have to be really good at skill shots to play her, and Ashe mighte be a good starting place since her ultimate requires good aim.

Crimson Joust

10-12-2010

I hesitate to post this (and apologise if it is rambling) , but I had the same problem at one point, but I discovered one of my favourite champions shortly afterwards. Janna.

She sounds perfect for your needs. Using Zephyr she can deal some burst damage (and it provides a passive move-speed bonus and remove unit pathing) , Howling gale creates a tornado that can travel quite a distance.

As for escape mechanisms, Eye of the Storm can create a shield of wind that will absorb a significant amount of damage and increase damage output.

Her ultimate is my favourite though, it's called monsoon, it will shove back any enemy units in the area, slow them if they try to re-enter and heal you and allies over the duration. Her innate provides a 3% move speed bonus to the entire team.
To top it off she costs only 1350 IP.

I hope this has been helpful =D

xpsychedelico

10-12-2010

Kass is probably the best with his blink ult that deals damage as well, he's just hard to master and play well. Janna is more support than damage, Anivia has one of the slowest movespeeds in the game. Shaco is another possibility with all his escape mechanisms, but he's not huge on burst rather than sustained damage. Akali has good burst and is a great anti carry, but escape wise she's only so-so.

Best Zod NA

10-12-2010

If you're feeling nostalgic for WoW, then Evelyn is almost identical to a rogue. Stealth, ravage, spam Q until you can E again. The only way they could make her even more similar is if you had to build combo points from Hate Spike.

Her nuke is huge, though. Even with a smattering of low-level runes, she is perfectly capable of destroying squishies in your lane from level two onwards.

Julzy Void

10-12-2010

I play this game like Pokemon, I just buy every champ and get no runes. Then I play like a different champion every game. . Imo it's boring to play the same champ over and over