I think Jungle and Support are two of the toughest roles

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NukedWhale

12-07-2012

If for nothing else, they're the two primary roles that get blamed for other people's losses.

Bottom/mid/top lane lost? "Jungle didn't gank enough"
AD or AP carry dies? "Support sucks"

I sometimes enjoy supporting, usually aggressive supports, but sometimes I can't stand all the flak that I get from teammates if things don't go perfectly.

I rarely jungle, haven't done the new jungle yet, but holy cow do people hate on them. At least top, mid, and bot only get blamed for losing one lane. The jungler can get blamed for losing all 3.

TLDR: Be nicer to your jungle and support.

Greatrabe

12-07-2012

People love to blame anyone but themselves, and they know they'll be ridiculed if they blame another lane (barring when your opponent from that lane has been ganking their lane).

Solution: Blame Jungler/Lane Mate

lastchancexi

12-07-2012

I hope people will stop blaming the jungler in S3. In S2, yes, the Jungler was hugely important, and lane pressure was his #1 role.

Now with Sightstone and Oracle, as well as a much tougher early jungle, laners probably won't and shouldn't expect to be babysitted.

Anzila

12-07-2012

Especially the Jungler; I prefer support myself, but I've noticed for the jungler, if he's killing creeps, lanes are calling for a gank. If he's bot, top is complaining. If he's mid, bot is asking for a gank. And then they yell at him for being underleveled from so many attempted ganks.

NukedWhale

12-07-2012

Exactly Anzila.

ReMeDyIII

12-07-2012

Try jungling with Pantheon and Shen. All your teammates expect your ULT's to grow on trees and wonder why you didn't save them! This one Xerath playing mid was saying he was wondering why I wouldn't ULT mid despite Xerath stunning his opp. Umm... maybe because I pulled off three successful ganks at top and another at bot?... I swear people expect junglers to be everywhere at once.

Uncanny Doom

12-08-2012

They're all tough in their own way. But jungle and support get different reactions because they are the roles most based around helping the team. If anything happens to an AD Carry it's easy for them to blame the support, if the map isn't warded correctly it's easy for people to blame the support. If someone is losing their lane then it's easy for them to blame the jungler, etc.

I actually jungled a game yesterday and my mid lane was down two levels and losing a match-up he should not have been having trouble with. I camped his lane and ganked for him to get him back into it. Later in the game we lose a team fight and the guy calls me trash, and then proceeds to take my jungle.

barbeerian

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzila View Post
Especially the Jungler; I prefer support myself, but I've noticed for the jungler, if he's killing creeps, lanes are calling for a gank. If he's bot, top is complaining. If he's mid, bot is asking for a gank. And then they yell at him for being underleveled from so many attempted ganks.
OMG SO TRUE! I tried S3 jungle for the first time yesterday cuz noone else on my team would, I even switched to the jungler they all wanted me to use even though I hate Nunu. I tried ganking almost constantly since they were all crying about their lanes and getting pwned 1v1. I ended up being like 4/5 levels down since I had to spent so much time running around. So I tell them I can't gank anymore for awhile, need to farm up since I'll just melt and feed but all they wanna do is QQ for more ganks. Then you say **** it and go help, die, and they just '/all Report our jungler, trolling/feeding w/e'.

Oh, and when I asked for a hard assist on blue at lvl-1 I get mid throwing a single AA and running to lane, then they all ***** asking why I didn't gank 2 minutes into the game. So I gotta help all you sorry losers, while none of you can help me? kthnx

Jonheath291

12-08-2012

K so I bought Hecarim two days ago, and with that I started Jungling since he seemed like a pretty easy jungler to build. I love this champ to death not just for his Jungle but the ganking on him is absurd.

Unfortunately with the change to jungle I find it more beneficial to just farm the jungle so that I can out-level the other lanes while getting gold and people don't seem to understand that. Unless the enemy is right on and attacking a tower or a kill is guaranteed it isn't worth it to me going out and losing on the xp until I hit level 6.

Gank = losing time farming jungle monsters to get into position for gank while enemies continue farming, waiting for opportunity TO gank, and if you kill them its fine, but if they run away or manage to GET away you just wasted all that time for nothing. It is this that I think people don't understand how big of a consequence a fail gank is.

TheMrWreckz

12-08-2012

Jungle and Support are my two main roles.... mainly support though I feel very confident in myself when doing these roles, and while it can be hard to support especially when your adc and you dont have good synergy, its what i like to call the high risk, high reward roles, in the game, if you run them you will get blamed for doing bad, and will even be blamed for the lose BUT if you do good you get your adc or top fed and snowball to win game and that is why i love it