Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi seems balanced until she gets lifesteal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

orc72

12-07-2012

I was 1v1ing with my friend. My build at the time was Ionian Boots, Frozen Fist, Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster.
After a fight where i dropped down to about 20% health. I used two es on a group of minions. I was full health.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PerfidiousAlbion

12-07-2012

Quote:
Taikero:
Darius can only do that because of his ultimate. Vi doesn't have that.

Additionally, I'm not saying she's strong because she did well in a bot game. I'm saying she is strong because she did better in comparison to other characters I've tested in bot games that are strong themselves.

Her armor penetration combined with her scaling and attack speed steroid passive and her shield passive is just a bit too good is what I was getting at in my post. That's why I included my farming speed and how I could run in on three characters who combined have silence, fear, root, slow, and taunt, and I still came out completely fine. Even against bots, Lux, Shen, and Fiddlesticks can wreck almost any champion when they're together, and Vi wasn't even scratched.

Hydra helps her farm like crazy and works very well with her E (and the regeneration + lifesteal on it is bonkers to boot). Try it and tell me you don't like the item on her.

The issue with using a bot game to get even the tiniest feel of a champions balance is that in a bot game you can go full out glass cannon, even on champions that would normally need some durability to function, and not suffer at all for it. Bots don't coordinate CC or focus targets well. They won't harass well in lane, which is something that Vi will be quite susceptible to as she has no range. A game with a single feeder makes that experience essentially useless for the purposes of gauging relative power level. A bot game is a game where the entire opposing team is feeders.

I could play Yi against bots and completely steamroll them. Triple/quadra/penta kills galore. That doesn't constructively show anything about his relative power level.

Quote:
orc72:
I was 1v1ing with my friend. My build at the time was Ionian Boots, Frozen Fist, Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster.
After a fight where i dropped down to about 20% health. I used two es on a group of minions. I was full health.

If she's lifestealing off the E AoE it's a bug.