Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vi seems balanced until she gets lifesteal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CynicalGiant

12-07-2012

Then she becomes absolutely unstoppable. Her E does so much damage and is so spammable that when coupled with Ravenous Hydra becomes an absolute monster AoE + healing move.

Taikero

12-07-2012

I'll be giving her a shot when I get home with this exact item. I'll report back with how powerful she feels with Ravenous Hydra.

DUDE BRO

12-07-2012

Her E really doesn't give that much extra damage, considering it *replaces* her auto attack.

Especially when you compare it to some champions who gain damage in addition to their auto attack, with extra AD scaling.

You could say the lifesteal thing with a lot of champs though (Riven for example)

Taikero

12-07-2012

I just ran a bot game with Vi to check out her abilities and power.

I had a Ravenous Hydra and Ionian Boots of Lucidity at 12 minutes game time.

I had a Frozen Mallet at 17 minutes.

I had a full six item build at 33 minutes, maybe a bit less. That's with Boot upgrade and everything.

Ionian boots, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Mallet, Zephyr, Black Cleaver, Spirit of the Elder Lizard

53/0/3 game stats.

She's ridiculously strong. I ran full bore into a 1 vs. 3 against Lux, Shen, and Fiddlesticks mid-game and came out with 2/3 health, didn't even care about Fiddle's and Lux's CC (I ran 14/16/0 masteries). All of them died. I probably snagged three or four Triple Kills over the course of the game. I know it's Beginner bots but all the same, that's one of the highest scores I've ever achieved kill-wise in a bot game.

Also, I did no pushing down of towers, didn't hit a tower once, and the bots pushed in the game in 34 minutes as I racked up kills.

KotlettDrake

12-07-2012

Quote:
Taikero:

I had a full six item build at 33 minutes, maybe a bit less. That's with Boot upgrade and everything.

Ionian boots, Ravenous Hydra, Frozen Mallet, Zephyr, Black Cleaver, Spirit of the Elder Lizard

53/0/3 game stats.

She's ridiculously strong. I ran full bore into a 1 vs. 3 against Lux, Shen, and Fiddlesticks mid-game and came out with 2/3 health, didn't even care about Fiddle's and Lux's CC (I ran 14/16/0 masteries). All of them died. I probably snagged three or four Triple Kills over the course of the game. I know it's Beginner bots but all the same, that's one of the highest scores I've ever achieved kill-wise in a bot game.

Also, I did no pushing down of towers, didn't hit a tower once, and the bots pushed in the game in 34 minutes as I racked up kills.

I play darius in a bot game and go like 70-0 with like 3 pentas, you are saying that a champ is strong judging on her performance in a bot game. just no

NotBuzzJack

12-07-2012

The only lifesteal item I'm scared of her having is BoTRK. Since she's all about 1on1 damage the splash from hydra feels unneeded.

civ

12-07-2012

Quote:
PROTECT MY BACK:
Her E really doesn't give that much extra damage, considering it *replaces* her auto attack.

Especially when you compare it to some champions who gain damage in addition to their auto attack, with extra AD scaling.

You could say the lifesteal thing with a lot of champs though (Riven for example)

but her e does get added damage and extra ad scaling. it also resets her AA, can crit, and has aoe attached to it.

Taikero

12-07-2012

Quote:
KotlettDrake:
I play darius in a bot game and go like 70-0 with like 3 pentas, you are saying that a champ is strong judging on her performance in a bot game. just no

Darius can only do that because of his ultimate. Vi doesn't have that.

Additionally, I'm not saying she's strong because she did well in a bot game. I'm saying she is strong because she did better in comparison to other characters I've tested in bot games that are strong themselves.

Her armor penetration combined with her scaling and attack speed steroid passive and her shield passive is just a bit too good is what I was getting at in my post. That's why I included my farming speed and how I could run in on three characters who combined have silence, fear, root, slow, and taunt, and I still came out completely fine. Even against bots, Lux, Shen, and Fiddlesticks can wreck almost any champion when they're together, and Vi wasn't even scratched.

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
The only lifesteal item I'm scared of her having is BoTRK. Since she's all about 1on1 damage the splash from hydra feels unneeded.

Hydra helps her farm like crazy and works very well with her E (and the regeneration + lifesteal on it is bonkers to boot). Try it and tell me you don't like the item on her.

Dyshana

12-07-2012

Quote:
Taikero:

53/0/3 game stats.

Honestly, not a fair test. I've had scores like that with Hecarim, Riven, AP Tristana, Jarvan, and many other champions. Beginner bots have bad builds and AI, so pretty much anything can get a really high score if the player knows how the game works.

I'm not trying to be rude, really. Just isn't a good thing to run tests on.

Taikero

12-07-2012

Quote:
Dyshana:
Honestly, not a fair test. I've had scores like that with Hecarim, Riven, AP Tristana, Jarvan, and many other champions. Beginner bots have bad builds and AI, so pretty much anything can get a really high score if the player knows how the game works.

I'm not trying to be rude, really. Just isn't a good thing to run tests on.

Just trying to offer up some early feedback. I realize bots aren't well respected and I wasn't trying to make it seem like my experience was the be-all end-all. I was showing that Vi does exactly what she is designed to do: Blast into the enemy team and demolish it.

I'll be getting some other games in sometime soon, I just figured some feedback is better than none for those curious.