Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenFraktals

12-08-2012

Okay, so the whole Pole-Dance thing dosen't go with Kat. I'll buy that. But it's a skin. It changes her theme around. Don't tell me Kat would have the sudden desire to go around wearing antlers (And lightening her hair, bleeecccch) Or Ziggs to start toting around water balloons or any of the other totally out of character skins that do what they do and be completely believable to the character. I just don't see a reason why not to just leave it as it was.

Discojapi

12-08-2012

U guys... think that riot will care about some guys downvoting a thread? Believe me they get much more money than like 1000 players getting mad. Or by a fail skin like the dragon trainer lulu, everyone downvoted cost the same. Its the true, they wont listen you !

TÅ ERNOBOG

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestFox View Post
Okay, so the whole Pole-Dance thing dosen't go with Kat. I'll buy that. But it's a skin. It changes her theme around. Don't tell me Kat would have the sudden desire to go around wearing antlers (And lightening her hair, bleeecccch) Or Ziggs to start toting around water balloons or any of the other totally out of character skins that do what they do and be completely believable to the character. I just don't see a reason why not to just leave it as it was.
Ant that is were you have it wrong its not that Kat wouldn't do its the the Christmas skin Kat wouldn't just tote out a stripper pole and dance on it justlike pool party ziggs wouldn't throw bombs. Cause that makes no sense context is everything with a skin and that the point that merello is making. With the new Kat skin her using a stripper pole makes no sense in the context of what the skin is representing

Fuzen kuden

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The pole dance is VERY blatant, where the skin is definitely more tongue-in-cheek overall. For example, if she fell off the pole or something at the end, I think it'd be more appropriate - it'd have a wink-wink humor to it.
why not have her fall off the pole then? it might fix the problem hear and make the skin better

Tainted Souls

12-08-2012

I think i understand where the whole doesnt fit the design comes in. However you cannot say after showing the skin to the mass populace and then the fact people blew up about on the forums and mere HOURS later you change your mind and they had nothing to do it and your not white knighting?!?

I mean its not like you made this skin in one afternoon and just went yep thats good right? I pray you put more thought into your skins and if so why take it out AFTER its showcase.

Ya im calling bs.

Aexalven

12-08-2012

Bring back the red hair please.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TŠERNOBOG View Post
Ant that is were you have it wrong its not that Kat wouldn't do its the the Christmas skin Kat wouldn't just tote out a stripper pole and dance on it justlike pool party ziggs wouldn't throw bombs. Cause that makes no sense context is everything with a skin and that the point that merello is making. With the new Kat skin her using a stripper pole makes no sense in the context of what the skin is representing
Ever been to a christmas party before? It makes tcomplete sense on Kat in a female santa-suit....

Kittyrina

12-08-2012

Boo. That's all I have to say, boo.

Oh well, I use her Kitty Kat skin most of the time anyways, and I don't like her orangey hair on the skin either. I was going to get it just for the 'b' animation, but no real reason to get it now.

I think Riot's taking things too seriously on a 'fun' skin.

NiceAndSuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

Then what about bunny Riven?

Jade Skull

12-08-2012

Sorry but Morello's arguments are simply irrelevant...
Skins are rarely fitting for the game or a champion's concept, so why does it come up with this skin? It's just a bad argument when we already have a ton of off-topic skins out there.