Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lebrante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Morello, about varus skin. Why riot dont make a good sexy skin on him? just remove his shirt and will be perfect

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
Why do you think Riot listening to "obnoxious radical feminists" is so much worse than them listening to "lonely horny womanizers?" If Riot gets a lot of complaints about something crossing a line, then it is in their best financial interests to get rid of it. Putting a stripper dance on Katarina might make 10,000 people happy (who would have continued to pay the game anyway), but it's not worth it if it makes 250 quit playing the game.

pleasing people < not pissing people off
Because your kin is overly vocal for being 200 people, annoying, don't care about what others thing, and label everything as oversexualized.

Ginga

Recruiter

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
Yes please and keep it that way. Do we really need yet another Kat skin with blood red hair.
Well it could also be blonde too...

Look at Miss Fortune's Candy Cane skin. She's a redhead, but that skin made her brunette.

swan2swan

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think this was a choice to make it look different - I'd have to ask the texture/model artists though.
In regards to the hair, I think it clashes a little too much with the red...

ImThem

12-07-2012

She isn't even stripping she just swings around the cane once and then reverts to her old recall animation......

Tempname281

12-07-2012

Orange hair is fine...as long as it's a proper hue of orange, and not that particular florescent shade

Kazkal

12-07-2012

Quote:
Santa goes down the chimney...

This concept isn't hard to understand, imo. :x

And attractive chick's in skimpy outfits with reindeer antlers dance on poles,
Would like a few videos for proof? ^>^

Morello

Lead Designer

12-07-2012
35 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Don't answer to this kind of stuff, it look like PR control, like he is covering your back to hide something.

LEAR TO PR.
I think he's calling me out, actually, it just supports my point.

foxfoot

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfoot View Post
Morello - here's my problem with the skin.

First of all, right from the get go, the skin doesn't fit Kat. It's pretty much a carbon copy of the Christmas MF skin, which as one of the people who owns the MF skin, is kind of irritating.

Second of all, you say that sexuality isn't the main goal with this skin. However, this is only a loosely "Christmas themed" skin. What I mean by this is that that outfit is something my girlfriend would wear for me to have "fun" in. The fact that it's red and has white trim is only coincidental - she's wearing what most people would consider stripper clothes. As such, the stripper pole is TOTALLY appropriate for the skin.

NOW - maybe that's not appropriate for Kat as a character. I actually agree with you there. But if my girlfriend dressed for me in that outfit for Christmas and wasn't willing to dance on a red and white candy cane pole, I'd be quite surprised, which is why I'm surprised at you right now.

Again, maybe the whole skin doesn't really fit Kat - which is fine. If that's the case, make another Kat skin, clean up Christmas MF (particularly the splash art - augh), and give her the pole animation instead.

Otherwise, if you're planning on keeping the Kat skin as-is, to say the pole is out of character is very very bizarre.
I hate to quote / bump myself, but I feel like I made some good points that I (and others) are confused about and would like answered, if you could, Morello.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
Artistic strategy Game design's indifferent!
I'm not understanding this artistic strategy. In the past it seemed a skin could be anything, regardless of whether it fit the champions attitude or image because skins were not canon. Then *this*. Should we be taking skins more seriously now?