Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I need to be clear about something here: the reason we're removing it (and make no mistake, we are) is because there's a lot of places where we're happy to do that, as you guys have noticed, but this skin was not the right place for this sort of thing.

Nidalee has a spear, easily a pole. She's also generally closely related to "hot night elf chick" and has some innate *** appeal to her - pole dance is awesome here.

Katarina in Reindeer ears with a pole dance is just off. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about sensitivity, it's about "what makes sense with this content?"

If you want to think there's some PC police that guide our hand, I can't stop you, but do a quick search on our thoughts to the contrary of this (go look in the spider queen or Nami threads) you'll find that we normally go forward with it when we believe it's the right choice for the champ or skin. In this case, it's just not.
inb4 downvoted to oblivion

GiantEvilKitten

12-07-2012

Quote:
I need to be clear about something here: the reason we're removing it (and make no mistake, we are) is because there's a lot of places where we're happy to do that, as you guys have noticed, but this skin was not the right place for this sort of thing.

Nidalee has a spear, easily a pole. She's also generally closely related to "hot night elf chick" and has some innate *** appeal to her - pole dance is awesome here.

Katarina in Reindeer ears with a pole dance is just off. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about sensitivity, it's about "what makes sense with this content?"

If you want to think there's some PC police that guide our hand, I can't stop you, but do a quick search on our thoughts to the contrary of this (go look in the spider queen or Nami threads) you'll find that we normally go forward with it when we believe it's the right choice for the champ or skin. In this case, it's just not.

I know you probably don't care, but I just want you to know the decision to remove the animation made me decide not to buy the skin.

BigBadBader

12-07-2012

/signed

Treeke

12-07-2012

Quote:

Then....

how about if you make a mistletoe appear right above her and she does something like a "Kiss" pose?.

Koelof

12-07-2012

Quote:

So how is the Chimney coming for the Veigar skin any different?

Kat was representing "Bad Santa", or the "Naughty" of Naughty and Nice.

How does that not work?

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:

Morello makes a great point and gets downvoted. Such is life.

YouHearThat

12-07-2012

Quote:

ok and veigar going down the chimney getting removed too ?

HolyHammerStrike

12-07-2012

Quote:
Then basically, you don't like the theme of this skin. That's OK, the animation is not the skin's thematic - it's an additional element that runs counter to it.
A fan service element on a fan service theme.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-07-2012
3 of 39 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
inb4 downvoted to oblivion
I'm sure

soviergn

12-07-2012

Quote:

And if the vast majority of people think its cool and would buy the skin just for that then it's still bad? There's several polls up right now that show the majority want it, and alot of people are not going to buy it because without the cool recall animation, the skin is extremely lackluster.