Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruby69

12-11-2012

Since this is the thread RIOT is replying to and not the other myriad ones on the same topic I just wanna say this.

If the recall animation can instead be reworked into a compromise so it's more 'tongue and cheek' where she falls off the candy cane rather than posing on it I think that would be really cool, and would very much appreciate Riot employees listening to their playerbase on something that would no doubt make a lot of us (admittedly guys) happy.

Kayleorfeed

12-11-2012

deal

Chun Li

12-11-2012

I feel as if no matter what we say Riot is keeping their ears and eyes plugged when they pass by a thread about Kat on the forums. (Notice how inactive reds are towards these topics?)

I hope they put it back if this recall animation is the one they are planning on sticking with. And if it's not even that then just give us the regular recall (Not like this skin would sell with that anyway.)

Tolinar

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Right, but Gentleman Cho'Gath doesn't throw flowers on the ground when he recalls - that would be a problem, too.
I respectfully disagree~

TBK

12-11-2012

Quote:
Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, Veigar will get a new X-mas skin and recall animation, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that Katarina's X-mas Recall animation is going from sexy to stupid, well then everyone loses their minds!
Fixed.

Ruby69

12-11-2012

Obviously, Gentleman Cho'gath's recall animation ought to be throw down a gauntlet instead! That would own, too.

Tolinar

12-11-2012

Quote:
Hrm, that's fair - maybe the "theme" also means "intended theme" of the skin. I wonder what the thought of the intended theme would have been had the animation never been present? That's crying over spilled milk for me, but an interesting question.
From this animation that I saw, It seems like Katarina's idea of fun at Christmas is a bit more wild than an average person. I can't say that is horribly inconsistent from her attitude, or her outfit.

Let's take a look at the skin itself. She's wearing a red-and-white tube-top with a sharp heart shape over the chest. For combatwear, that is pretty intimate. She still has her boots and gloves on and she's showing less skin than the KittyKat model, but the frills and the shape of her top makes the outfit overtly sensual. It's very, very obvious.

Most of her model animations and voiceovers are the same. The big difference that stands out, is the Recall. And if there's one thing Katarina makes clear, fun is the surprise.

I can see this 'holiday surprise' perfectly in tune with both Katarina's attitude and skin model. I admit it caught me off guard but it seems to fit.

And honestly, I can't see your internal art experts and focus groups coming to the conclusion
"This isn't holiday enough."
or "This doesn't match Katarina at all."

I can see them saying to themselves, however,
"The last half second is too much. Change the animation."

And I think this is where things REALLY are. Your company is less worried about some random 'conceptual miss' and more worried about overexposure and the resulting backlash.

Shin0bu

12-11-2012

Morello strikes me as one of those kids who got bullied a lot and now as an adult is trying to make everyone else as miserable as he is. He knows nobody likes the new recall, but he doesn't care.

IronStylus really needs to take over the company IMO (or any other Rioter who has any form of decency)

Blac Iyc

12-11-2012

Quote:
This does happen sometimes because we work fast here and exposure to content is sometimes lower internally. This is just the first time you've seen it

Things change all the time in development, no one cares though unless they see the change
that kind of bugs me, cuz now im thinkin of all the BS u could of pulled that i dont no about.

Blac Iyc

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundman View Post
I don't understand why people downvote reds. Do you people not realize that any response from the devs at all is something to charish? Most companies don't even bother...
so we shouldnt tell them how we feel on there decisions and just be a whole bunch of "yes men" to them.

think about that mr.Suck-up