Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altonious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
Did you just imply that it's impossible to be lighthearted fun and sexy at the same time?

That's literally the entire point of Christmas parties! Hell, that's the point of Christmas!....for everyone under the age of 11 that is, they're still in it for the presents and sitting on an old man's lap to talk to them about what they want out of him.
I never made such a statement but Morello clearly stated that the skin was made to be fun/lighthearted and NOT sexy(but why would they give a skin not meant to be sexy a pole dance animation in the first place?). I was simply expressing how foolish of a excuse that is to use for the removal of it. And while my final statement may seem a bit harsh, I stick by it, all the people who see something that red posts and then mindlessly spout it out with no actual thoughts of their own because they think reds are some foolproof omnipotent being just disgust me.

WickedSystem

12-10-2012

I think her falling off would be a fantastic idea. It would go along with the "fun/lighthearted" theme that Morello says the skin is going for. Plus, it will have a bit of a "sexy" aspect to it, but wont be so over the top that the crazy feminists jump all over it as much. I think that would be a great middle ground to make everyone happy. I don't believe much value would be lost if the animation were just tweaked in this way as opposed to completely changed.

ScrawnyWhiteKid

12-10-2012

Since when does the character's dance have to relate to the character? (Twisted fate, Garen .. )

Altonious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Chip View Post
Since when does the character's dance have to relate to the character? (Twisted fate, Garen .. )
Well technically this was her recall animation but your point is not something I haven't thought about, a simple animation shouldn't have to relate to the character seeing how many of the dances are references to pop culture. Kats actual dance included, the Napoloean Dynamite dance complete with pelvic thrusts.

Lord Poet

12-10-2012

After reading Morello's thoughts on this issue, I can understand his viewpoint and where he is coming from.

Kat's recall animation really was well done though, and I think it would be a pity to throw it all away. Maybe they can give it to a future champion skin or, if another "sexy Santa lady" skin isn't coming out for quite some time, have this animation applied reotroactively to one of the older "sexy Santa lady' skins where it would make more thematic sense, like Mistletoe LeBlanc (whose skin, let's face it, was sorely lacking in the 'special' department at the 975 RP price) or Snow Bunny Nidalee. And no, I don't own either of those skins so this isn't me just being selfish.

Ruiden

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandarus View Post
After reading Morello's thoughts on this issue, I can understand his viewpoint and where he is coming from.

Kat's recall animation really was well done though, and I think it would be a pity to throw it all away. Maybe they can give it to a future champion skin or, if another "sexy Santa lady" skin isn't coming out for quite some time, have this animation applied reotroactively to one of the older "sexy Santa lady' skins where it would make more thematic sense, like Mistletoe LeBlanc (whose skin, let's face it, was sorely lacking in the 'special' department at the 975 RP price) or Snow Bunny Nidalee. And no, I don't own either of those skins so this isn't me just being selfish.
But would it fit them thematically? :P

Seriously though, wtf.

Trynd The King

12-10-2012

I want the dance. PLS Riot!!

PlatinumRooster

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Not willing to prioritize short-term gains (sales) over total product quality.
Lol. I like that one. That's funny.
Quote Morello 2012

Shin0bu

12-10-2012

I know what your intentions are but they're really missing the point. It's kind of selfish to remove something everyone loved about the skin just because you think it's unfitting. You said that it wasn't a matter of it fitting in with the character herself, but with the theme of the skin.

So why did you remove Dark Valkyrie Diana's helmet? Aren't helmets one of the key factors in Valkyrie armour? You had the argument that it was because it was missing some key elements of Diana's character, namely the symbol on her forehead. But when you're running around killing everything in a teamfight, are you really going to stop everything you're doing and just say "Damn, the thing I like most about this skin is definitely her forehead."?

You pretty much contradicted your past self completely.

Altonious

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin0bu View Post
I know what your intentions are but they're really missing the point. It's kind of selfish to remove something everyone loved about the skin just because you think it's unfitting. You said that it wasn't a matter of it fitting in with the character herself, but with the theme of the skin.
The problem is they didn't remove it because they saw it unfitting, if that was the case it never would have made it to a skin spotlights teaser, it was removed because of the few whining oversensitive people.