Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDutchDon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Reindeer's don't dance on poles.

Thread over

Sainthobbit

12-10-2012

Has morello said why they nerfed Nid's dance animation too? After saying it fitted with the character

Shibuya Boy

12-10-2012

Oh my God. You mean Riot changed their ideas when they were still under development? Riot I think you should stop revealing things that you're planning to this community because they obviously can't handle it.

[EDIT] If you're going to complain about something then don't buy it. It's not like anyone is forcing you to.

[EDIT] So many children on this thread. I have a scenario for them. Lets say your mom brought you home Mcdonalds and you love Mcdonalds, but sadly she bought you a chicken burger, but you wanted a Big Mac.

Would you?

A. Whine and complain (Which would result in your mother eating it and you not getting anything)

Or.

B. Suck it up and eat your chicken burger. (Either way Chicken burger, Big mac. They're both good)

Now i'm sure you children are thinking to yourself. What the hell is this lunatic talking about. Relating Mcdonalds to our Kat skin. What Riot is doing right now is giving us an awesome skin (Mcdonalds) and you're complaining about the animations (Getting a chicken burger instead of the Big Mac). Maybe Riot should "eat" the skin so to speak and you won't get anything.

Eserine

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarth View Post
Yup, trolling for certain. But thank you for proving my point in your over-the-topness about it all.

Is this really the rational that gets Riot going "wow... fat people in cartoons... better nerf irelia"? You can do better than this. (for the record, you can too Riot.)
Like the cartoons I mentioned, Katarina is also an animated character... in a game full of humorous animated characters. Where is the 'over-the-top' disconnect in my logic comparing these things? Many of these shows (not of course counting the other live-action shows or games I mentioned or films like "Dodgeball" where a character humorously gains lots of weight) are likewise successful and well-received multi-million dollar franchises that constitute cultural landmarks of Americana even more firmly than LoL does (through the incorporation of hundreds of crazy characters and situations, just like LoL does).

Come to think of it, there was also a Simpsons arcade game where Homer binge-eats for comic effect, and a Southpark Thanksgiving game for Nintendo 64 where Cartman devours a metric ton of cheesy poofs for health comically while battling various forces of evil. That constitutes a 1 to 1 videogame analogy to the skin I proposed (assuming that most readers of these comments actually know something about videogames...), is there some Leisure Suit Larry character that you are desperate to commemorate? The idiotic Duke Nukem strippers perhaps?

xXCrazyBarksXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

for the players that weren't around when kitty cat was released. this skin is the only sexy skin for kat.
i know its sad that they are taking away her recall animation, and her dance isnt even special either, so they better replace it with something worthwhile

Ruiden

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
The thing about skins is, they aren't serious, they don't have to fit the character perfectly, they are about being either attractive, cool, or fun, that's all.

Renekton can wear a hat and "smile" for a picture, Fiora can be a headmistress and duel people with a ruler, Amumu can be a real robot, Olaf can be a Bro, drinking bear and fighting with cardboard boxes, talking all sorts of nonsense, there are several examples

Why the hell can't Kat poledance? It was a massive success, the community approved, it was far more fitting than several examples we currently have, just, why not?
This is definitely my favourite post so far, and makes the most sense. Skins aren't supposed to be lore accurate, they are supposed to be something you show off to your friends. And removing pretty much the most unique thing from the skin (aside from the skin itself) you're really ruining that value.

IS10f0d98e3eb73c8ce2234

12-10-2012

Riot is such a pushover company, no more buying RP for me

Themistius

12-10-2012

I hate this Community its not the end of the world! There is no making you guys happy there is always something wrong! Its a F***ing skin!

Learn to stay classy!

Mephew

12-10-2012

So just change the the recall animation?
Make it unique to the skin, but still awesome.
Make her turn into a damn reindeer and fly away or something.

Stark Midnight

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo B View Post
Has morello said why they nerfed Nid's dance animation too? After saying it fitted with the character
No, he hasn't been seen on the forums ever since people found out about it. I mean what is he going to say

Morello: "Just a big coincidence guys, you know about the fact that Volibar decided to post in a thread about sexism how he's taking the pole. And Nidalee's animation got censored before we took out Kats. Even though i said it fitted her it was just too much.

Probably something along those lines, he's a pretty smooth talker and tank. I heard his ultimate is "Shield of BullZhit.