Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fishburn101

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The pole dance is VERY blatant, where the skin is definitely more tongue-in-cheek overall. For example, if she fell off the pole or something at the end, I think it'd be more appropriate - it'd have a wink-wink humor to it.
Thank you Morello for spreading more light on this situation.

In the beginning, I was rather annoyed with the removal of the animation. Now, after reading more into the subject, I feel that Kat should be more silly then sexy, it is Christmas after all!

So thank you Morello and I will defiantly be buying the skin, no matter what happens to it

Trynd The King

12-08-2012

bump

AHUEAHUEAHUEA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

It does make me wonder how the animation got through all the creation process such as design, review, programming, review, testing.. etc and into the PBE. You'd think they would already have thought "hey this doesn't fit with the theme" somewhere during the development stages instead of right after it got deployed into the PBE and after a group of people QQ'd at it.

But I'll be nice and treat this like any other bugs that make it through all the time.

hichigo

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The pole dance is VERY blatant, where the skin is definitely more tongue-in-cheek overall. For example, if she fell off the pole or something at the end, I think it'd be more appropriate - it'd have a wink-wink humor to it.
DO IT! plz and thx u

Tukoman

12-08-2012

bump

Eserine

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Those ideas are just.. awful. Fatarina? Seriously?
Indeed, it acts as a social commentary on holiday overconsumption while simultaneously showing off the comic pedigree of the developers.

Many popular animated series in America (and many other countries) have had episodes where one of the main character gains weight

Homer gains lots of weight in an episode of The Simpsons
Lois gains a lot of weight in an episode of Family Guy
Stan gains a lot of weight in an episode of American Dad
Jake and Finn both gain a lot of weight in an episode of Adventure Time
... and Futurama
... and Aqua Teen Hunger Force
... and Metalocalypse
... and Sealab 2021
... and Southpark
... and this list could go on for several threadpages...
... and live-action shows like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...
... and hundreds of webcomics...
... and comic games like Sushi Cat or Fat Princess...

In fact I am confused about the entire premise of your challenge to this idea. This is a very well-established character modification with an enormous degree of precedence.

Notably in several examples I've mentioned pole dancing is also used in episodes, but only in the context of classlessness, self-destructive moves towards oblivion, and loneliness edging toward total despair (unlike Riot's Kat stripper)- preferred by only the worst characters and inevitably leading to horrific consequences. (ATHF Alien abduction of Carl the slob- Metalocalypse, the awful bachelor party of the brother of Pickles- ASIF, antiheroes pretending to be handicapped and being doomed to continue life in Philidelphia, etc.). In the context of female empowerment I agree with some writers in this thread that poledancing can be a cute and fun personal practice, but if one studies the animation more closely put into the game it doesn't seem as though Katarina is having fun at all, she seems to be joylessly working, which more closely follows the concerns by players writing about lionizing the sexual exploitation of poor people...

Jintello

12-08-2012

Pretty disappointing decision from Riot here. They go through the trouble of animating it and removing it right away? I don't see how they honestly expect us to believe their reason when they have plenty of skins that go against the champions "style"

LEVEL 60 MAGE

12-08-2012

I'm a girl and I'm really disappointed by the recall animation removal.
think of the fun you could have had doing a pentakill then recalling on their corpses..

GrumpyB3ar

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 60 MAGE View Post
I'm a girl and I'm really disappointed by the recall animation removal.
think of the fun you could have had doing a pentakill then recalling on their corpses..
I know, right?

That was one reason I wanted it to stay.

Robbynn

12-08-2012

For me and all the talk is that I think it would be cool to have it like a dance. She plants the cane and backs off to paw the ground and run to jump over the candy cane for the finish of recalling.