Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laffarater

12-08-2012

It's funny because they think it doesn't fit thematically, when its like this for pretty much every female
champ.
Ha

Bad VVolf

12-08-2012

TBH we may as well just end this thread. It's clear that Riot have made up their minds about this issue and no matter how many times we try to point out the flaws in the reasoning that led to that decision, it's not going to change.

Yes, we all (well, most) know what the "correct answer" to this issue is, but we're obviously not getting it, so we may as well just stop trying to talk sense and talk with our purchases instead.

As for the random feminists/suck-ups/other people who just don't understand logic very well who are defending Riot's decision, just leave them. It's the internet. People are wrong on the internet all the time. Get used to it.

SpicedWolf

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarth View Post
I just want to say, that occasionally I will take a hiatus from League of Legends... last time it was for GW2, Dishonored, stuff like that, and every time I come back, every time, its an argument about this. this is what happens when you show even the slightest bit of capitulation to them about this. Its blood in the water, and from now until you shut the servers down expect it. It ain't because you are so popular you are catering to a large base, don't fool yourselves into thinking a majority of people even come to these forums Riot. These are trolls, pure and simple. What kills me most is that these are the same people who were jerkbags to Shurelia and Rinoa.
I doubt that 100 pages of complaints in one day are all filled with trolls. They are catering towards a large fan-base, but it's a shame that they only listen when suddenly their wallets aren't as full as they should be. Btw, wtf is Shurelia and Rinoa.

Taria05

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicedWolf View Post
Btw, wtf is Shurelia and Rinoa.
Ex-rioters I believe.

Sarres

12-08-2012

when u guys make your own game u can put whatever sexy **** into it but until then leave Morello and the Reds alone and quit QQing. If u dont wanna buy the skin dont they arent making you.

Captain Krayt

12-08-2012

Bump with passion.

AMaisan

12-08-2012

Okay *** sells, and nothing wrong with a company trying to make money off it. But the character has to be more than just looks. So long as riot has a good story and personality for the character i don't mind them taking artistic license and making the character sexy and appealing to the 88% of the player base.

If riot wants to remove something for artistic reasons that fine with me. But just keep "nerf master sucktown" busy so he dsnt go and nerf irelia until its toooo late!

Boomerang69

12-08-2012

Hello kitty online haha not really I am just happy This company is so involved in the community to even consider changes like these. Awesome job Riot!

JulpaFTW

12-08-2012

Morello, I see where you're coming from and I agree that perhaps the pole dance isn't the best fit thematically for the skin. That being said, this thread has gotten a lot of attention and most of the people have expressed they're actually happy with the pole dance. Is the customer not always right? Why not give the people what they want? Your response so far has been that you're not willing to give something that isn't up to par, but that's judging by your standards. Shouldn't the community get to decide what they like and what they don't? Thank you for your replies so far.

Anartia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I appreciate Morello responding in all of this madness over a recall animation. I am a female player and I absolutely love the sexy skins for the female champions. They got it why not flaunt it! I was a little bummed to see that the recall animation was being taken out, though when I saw it, I did think it was out of character for Katarina so I do understand why they might take it out, and I am really happy they are replacing the recall animation with another one and not just leaving her default recall.

I have been playing League for 2 1/2-3 years now and you have to realize that these "special animations" for the recalls are a recent perk that the designers are implementing for the holiday skins. They shouldn't be the main reason to purchase a skin. I purchased quite a few skins for the holidays with nothing special other then its a new outfit For example: Candy Cane Miss Fortune: Nothing to her except a dress and some candy cane guns. This is also my skin of choice whenever I play her and I haven't seen a MF skin to top it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think that's a different, but valid conversation. What for Snowdown would you prefer to see on Katarina?
Kiss Me Katarina - Festively Dressed and she could hold mistletoe above her head for her recall and blow a kiss or something. *shrugs* just a thought. You could even stay away from the "santa lady" outfit and just do a holiday look of some kind.

Below is a list of ideas that I put up last year for Christmas. They were a collaboration of people from the community that I asked "What would they like to see?" And I bumped it again this year in hopes that more of the community would come up with some great ideas.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post17085541

Thank you for talking with us Morello. I look forward to seeing the new animation for Katarina's recall.

OH And someone did say a good idea... could we possibly get some skins for the new year?! Oh... and how about a play on 12-21-12 Could be an End of the World skin! Just some ideas... lol