What does an champion's auto attack animation have to do with anything?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragefaceherpderp

01-12-2013

Do champions with weird auto attack animations like Elise actually affect their ability to last hit?
I heard people say that Teemo's "quick auto attack animation" makes him great with attack speed builds. I can understand with his quick innate attack speed, but I dont see that the animation itself has to do with anything

AcrobaticApricot

01-12-2013

Bad auto attack animations make it harder for me to last hit and harder for me to orbwalk.

TheNittles

01-12-2013

Yeah, Elise's Human AA animation is really slow, which means you have to start AAing the creep earlier than you would with someone like Teemo, since the minions will hit it more in the time your AA takes to hit him.

It's not as evident in LoL as it is in Dota, but it's definitely there.

Kim Jong Peel

01-12-2013

Try to last hit with Karthus or Anivia without the use of skills and then play another champion.

ParaBellam

01-12-2013

AA with Heimerdinger hurts me on the inside a little. I can see that it would be difficult for new players to get used to.

Anthropics

01-12-2013

It makes it easier to kite. If the attack comes out quickly that's less time you have to stand there waiting for the animation to finish, whereas backswing isn't important since you can just move cancel it.

Soup Miner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Animations create a delay between when you click and when you actually deal damage.

That delay can make last hitting more difficult, and it can make or break kiting ability.

For example: if it takes you a whole second to throw an autoattack out, you're not going to be kiting ****.

MysteltainSensei

01-12-2013

Sivir's auto attack animation makes me cry. She's supposed to be an adc too