I'm not upset about the stripper pole

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

What I am upset about is that they brought it in specifically for the recall animation, and only for the recall animation. It has literally nothing to do with the character, and it feels super tacked on. Granted, it has a Christmas theme, but that's pretty much it. Having a candy cane pop out of the ground *just* so she can dance on it (as she recalls? what? how do those two have anything to do with each other?) just distracts from the "spinning+knives throwing+jumping around" assassin feel that Kat is supposed to have. I'm fine with sexy, in fact I like it, but please try harder to make it work with the character. Nidalee is a good example of this. She has a spear, so her dance incorporates this. Nobody complains. Kat throws knives, but now when she recalls she decides to do a poledance. K.

A40ozToFreedom

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicApathy123 View Post
What I am upset about is that they brought it in specifically for the recall animation, and only for the recall animation. It has literally nothing to do with the character, and it feels super tacked on. Granted, it has a Christmas theme, but that's pretty much it. Having a candy cane pop out of the ground *just* so she can dance on it (as she recalls? what? how do those two have anything to do with each other?) just distracts from the "spinning+knives throwing+jumping around" assassin feel that Kat is supposed to have. I'm fine with sexy, in fact I like it, but please try harder to make it work with the character. Nidalee is a good example of this. She has a spear, so her dance incorporates this. Nobody complains. Kat throws knives, but now when she recalls she decides to do a poledance. K.
Some people just take things too seriously.

In my mind, out of all the champions, with what she does and how she plays, Kat seems like she would be the best poledancer out of the lot of them, what with her jumping and spinning and whatnot.

Even sooper srs girls can have fun sometimes.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A40ozToFreedom View Post
Some people just take things too seriously.

In my mind, out of all the champions, with what she does and how she plays, Kat seems like she would be the best poledancer out of the lot of them, what with her jumping and spinning and whatnot.

Even sooper srs girls can have fun sometimes.
kat isnt "sooper srs," imo, and maybe she would be a good poledancer, but can you not agree that recalling is not the time to practice? you're about to go to base, practice all you want there.

Augratafier

12-07-2012

Quote:
kat isnt "sooper srs," imo, and maybe she would be a good poledancer, but can you not agree that recalling is not the time to practice? you're about to go to base, practice all you want there.
So...we can have her do it while she's sitting in base? I'm down.

Haitah

12-07-2012

It has nothing to do with the skin, it's a skin, that is all. Not every skin is meant for the character, Battle Bunny Riven, the only thing that even deals with Riven is the Battle part, I would never see someone like Riven wearing a bunny suit. (It'd be hilarious though =o)

A40ozToFreedom

12-07-2012

Quote:
When would be a better time to practice? Any time a champion is in any of the battlegrounds, they're fighting. Even if they're at base, they're in the middle of the fight. When you recall is the only time you think you're safe AND have a few seconds to kill, so why NOT do something pointless in those few seconds?

And most of the people complaining about Kat poledancing say it doesn't fit her "character" because she's a "serious assassin" type of character. Which is irrelevant, because every girl (I know at least) likes to feel sexy at SOME point.

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haitah View Post
It has nothing to do with the skin, it's a skin, that is all. Not every skin is meant for the character, Battle Bunny Riven, the only thing that even deals with Riven is the Battle part, I would never see someone like Riven wearing a bunny suit. (It'd be hilarious though =o)
riven hops around. Therefore, bunny riven.

12-07-2012

Quote:
When would be a better time to practice? Any time a champion is in any of the battlegrounds, they're fighting. Even if they're at base, they're in the middle of the fight. When you recall is the only time you think you're safe AND have a few seconds to kill, so why NOT do something pointless in those few seconds?

And most of the people complaining about Kat poledancing say it doesn't fit her "character" because she's a "serious assassin" type of character. Which is irrelevant, because every girl (I know at least) likes to feel sexy at SOME point.
she doesnt really need the pole to be sexy, tho. Her character is plenty sexy as it is. Also, you're much safer in base than you are in the middle of the field recalling.

A40ozToFreedom

12-07-2012

Quote:
she doesnt really need the pole to be sexy, tho. Her character is plenty sexy as it is. Also, you're much safer in base than you are in the middle of the field recalling.
But if you're poledancing in your base, you're wasting time you should be using getting back to the fight.

When you're recalling, you're standing there doing nothing. Or, you can do forms like Zed. Or, you can poledance. You can do whatever you want, because you HAVE to stand there until you recall.

12-07-2012

Quote:
But if you're poledancing in your base, you're wasting time you should be using getting back to the fight.

When you're recalling, you're standing there doing nothing. Or, you can do forms like Zed. Or, you can poledance. You can do whatever you want, because you HAVE to stand there until you recall.
if you're poledancing when you recall, you're making yourself needlessly more vulnerable than you already are. Do you know how difficult it is to do from poledancing to fighting? pretty hard. You have to stand still while you recall, but you should still be ready to move if you have to.