Nami, the Tidecaller Now Available!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

modern deviant

12-07-2012

lore.... wheres her lore... im into this stuff riot, dont bug out on me

Babadook

12-07-2012

Dear Riot,

I have never had so much fun playing a champion in League of Legends. This champion is amazing and opened my eyes to the support role. Please continue your wonderful work.

Love,
GoogleDerp .

Babadook

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by modern deviant View Post
lore.... wheres her lore... im into this stuff riot, dont bug out on me
http://puu.sh/1ysVx and http://puu.sh/1ysVI

It's in the client btw.

modern deviant

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoogleDerp View Post
http://puu.sh/1ysVx and http://puu.sh/1ysVI

It's in the client btw.
ty, i have yet to actaully go in game, was just looking on the internet and couldnt find it

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

I feel so jipped that we finally get another non-super nerfed support champion, and it's this stupid thing. Who wants to play as a mermaid? Honestly, it feels like a champion aimed at pre-teens and females looking to not have the usual "sexy" look that most other champs does. Comparitively, we have Elise, who granted, is a weak, broken POS, at least in terms of her skills & power. Though, she is hot, sexy, and most of all, a ****ing badass. Nami is...a mermaid. Not even a badass, Metalocalypse "Mermaider" mermaid, either. But one with only a single good splash art, even worse in game models, and yet worse animations. I hate, HATE to bash on the art department & champ design, because so often so much good, amazing stuff comes from it, but this champion is terrible. I don't even have zero desire to buy her, I don't even want to queue up just because I don't want to have to endure seeing her in game. To clarify...

I don't like:
Mermaid. That she's a mermaid. I don't care for mermaids. I don't like them. Only in that Tom Hanks movie, and really only then because he got to bang a hot blonde/mermaid. Thematically, why the hell is she even in the League? Because...fish were being mercilessly slaughtered by Daruis non-stop, so she took the fight to him? Also, how does she breathe/swim/whatever on land?? I just don't like this concept of her as a champion, from top to bottom.
Abilities. Wowza. Just when I thought you couldn't carbon copy abilities onto new champions anymore hardcore than you already have...this is terrible. I don't see a single unique aspect of any champion here, only smaller or slightly modified ones for existing champs.
Weak use of water. I have a concept in mind for a water champion, than I feel is between 10X, and 10,000X better than Nami. It's original, unique, fun, exciting, and even could be a top pick in competitive play. Maybe one of these days when I'm not slaving away at my job I will come onto the champ creation forums to draw him up. But speaking of jobs, and money...until then, I'll be here, not spending nearly $20 on a champion I feel like didn't have the greatest amount of inspiration, time and dedication to quality I've come to expect.

SeductiveBunny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2012

1350 rp for recolors riot your pathetic

FiLMaytheEight

Recruiter

12-08-2012

She's a pretty decent support. Her Q is something though, really hard to get aiming right on it.

Rezuvious

12-08-2012

ha someone to throw fish back at fizz

KazumaFuji

12-08-2012

I think we can all agree that Riot can take a break from releasing new champs for awhile and focus on stuff they already have.

Like finishing the Nidalee update, giving old champs like Annie, Udyr, and Veigar one.
Making Skarner's E actually do something useful, seriously its such a nothing ability.
Making MF's ulti actually fit with the rest of her kit instead of rooting her in place while she does a pathetic amount of dmg.
Fixing memory leaks in the new shop GUI that cause the game to freeze momentarily if you haven't been to the shop in roughly 10+ minutes.
How about giving some of those champs who only have one skin another one? Or maybe you can just give Teemo and Amumu another skin, its not like they already have 50,000 of them already.

Meerps

12-08-2012

I've never been so excited for a champion and here she finally is! Awesome Job Riot, shes amazingly fun to play.