Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why I Think I Should Be A Fellow Member of The PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubonica

12-07-2012

Hi all,

I know the signups for the PBE's are closed and numerous people are complaining about the wait time to play their games, but I think I would be a valuable asset to the beta testing.

Why?

I'm 19 years of age, mature, and I absolutely HATE trolls, so I'm definitely not one of them. I understand that this is a game, but it is also a business, and in business comes responsibility. Therefore, I would take this testing very seriously and treat it as my own job. I am a Computer Science Major with a Minor in Mathematics. Many of the things that we studied in University was bug testing, finding glitches, etc...

I will probably get a lot of hate from all the young children on here but that is their own problem, not fine.

I will purposely play the game to find bugs and suggest changes, not just try and get it so I can show off to my friends.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you consider,

Thanks,

Bubonica

TheNomiraven

12-07-2012

Naw. You can wait.

xEnvious

12-07-2012

Everyone has to wait for the 1st of the month, what makes you so special?

notFREEfood

12-07-2012

If you hate trolls the pbe ain't the place for you.

Had a recent game where one guy never connected and the other guy left after he started crying about ks. As much as I'd like to get rid of them, they're a fact of life on the PBE now. You have to be able to put up with them.

anyone

12-07-2012

If you hate trolls PBE is not the place for you.

Average PvP game in PBE:
1. wait in queue
2. 4-way instalock race (But not you. You are there to test bugs on the old content, not the new champion everyone wants to play. Right?)
3. 1 second till match starts and...
4. Someone dodged. Repeat 1-3
5. Repeat 4
6. Repeat 4-5
7. Game ends at 20 minutes either because of their 2 afks, or because both your team mates agree to surrender.
8. Search forums and see if you found any bugs that aren't already reported.
9. Report bugs.

Sadly, making a special case to allow 1 more good player into pbe will not change the ratio of trolls to testers. Anyways, as it is there are enough good testers. That is why sign ups are closed. Just look at all the bug reports in this forum.

Who knows, maybe Riot will make an exception. Good luck.

JesterTheJoker

12-07-2012

Wow.. 19 years old and already with a major AND a minor... Impressive...

Zyxn

12-07-2012

Okay we will look over this and in about 24 days you should be able to sign up. Processing these things takes time, I'm sure you understand.

siax7

12-07-2012

Quote:
JesterTheJoker:

i am 17 an on track to get my highschool diploma and my college degree, majoring in Graphics design.., by the end of the spring semester.so it really not that hard to have a major and a minor by the age of 19

Taikero

12-07-2012

Quote:
JesterTheJoker:

Not sure if serious....

As to the OP, it's nothing personal, there are just too many people on the PBE as-is. Either more capacity must be added or some PBE players need to become inactive before they'll open up signups again.

x7r4n3x

12-07-2012

dude u just have to get in like everybody else