Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

HALP - LoL crashes every other game - LeagueofLegends is no longer responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

esk3y

12-07-2012

This didn't used to happen on my old computer, but I recently got a better one and now this started. Could be the new patch as I quit for months and came back the day the patch released. Only other difference I can think of is that this one has Windows 8 and old one had Windows 7.

My game crashes extremely frequently (only once per game but usually every other game, sometimes multiple consecutively). I'll usually be within the first 5-15 mins of the game and the game will suddenly close and I get a Microsoft error message saying "League of Legends is no longer responding" with my only option being to press close and restart the game. It is random and I cannot predict or prepare for it. I'm afraid to play ranked because of this. Last game I crashed as I was about to shunpo to Talon mid for first blood and instead of me getting FB and living, he got first blood and we traded kills. Plus he got about +20 CS in the time it took me to restart my client. Needless to say this is EXTREMELY obnoxious and may have cost me 30 Elo as it was a placement game and he used this advantage to gank my bot lane and become fed. PLEASE help me fix this so I can safely start playing ranked games again. Thanks.

EDIT: More specifically it says "League of Legends (TM) Client has stopped working". I hadn't looked at what it specifically said because I'm always in a rush to get back in the game when it errors out.

esk3y

12-07-2012

Also, I've already re-installed the game

esk3y

12-07-2012

bump

HoriusTwo

12-07-2012

Bumping as I'm suffering from this very same issue.

ShadowIsleAcolyt

12-08-2012

sounds like a windows 8 issue

eskey

12-08-2012

If it's a Windows 8 issue, I have no idea how I'd go about solving it :-\. I'm sure if I call up Microsoft and go "HALPZ MY LEAGUE OF LEGENDZ ISNT WORKING!", they'd be like lolwut.

Windows is completely updated, what more could I do to try to fix it?

eskey

12-08-2012

Anyone?

eskey

12-10-2012

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Happened twice last game (in a normal thankfully b/c i still am too afraid to play ranked). SUPER annoying.

eskey

12-10-2012

More specifically it says "League of Legends (TM) Client has stopped working". I hadn't looked at what it specifically said because I'm always in a rush to get back in the game when it errors out.

Someone PLEASE help. I've had a support request open for like 4 days with no response. I've spent more money on this game than I care to admit (far over $500, I don't even want to know the real number), and I can't even enjoy normal games anymore, let alone ranked, because this problem is so severe.

Riot plz help so I can keep throwing my money at you.