HALP - LoL crashes every other game - LeagueofLegends is no longer responding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

esk3y

12-07-2012

This didn't used to happen on my old computer, but I recently got a better one and now this started. Could be the new patch as I quit for months and came back the day the patch released. Only other difference I can think of is that this one has Windows 8 and old one had Windows 7.

My game crashes extremely frequently (only once per game but usually every other game, sometimes multiple consecutively). I'll usually be within the first 5-15 mins of the game and the game will suddenly close and I get a Microsoft error message saying "League of Legends is no longer responding" with my only option being to press close and restart the game. It is random and I cannot predict or prepare for it. I'm afraid to play ranked because of this. Last game I crashed as I was about to shunpo to Talon mid for first blood and instead of me getting FB and living, he got first blood and we traded kills. Plus he got about +20 CS in the time it took me to restart my client. Needless to say this is EXTREMELY obnoxious and may have cost me 30 Elo as it was a placement game and he used this advantage to gank my bot lane and become fed. PLEASE help me fix this so I can safely start playing ranked games again. Thanks.

EDIT: More specifically it says "League of Legends (TM) Client has stopped working". I hadn't looked at what it specifically said because I'm always in a rush to get back in the game when it errors out.

esk3y

12-07-2012

Also, I've already re-installed the game

esk3y

12-07-2012

bump

HoriusTwo

12-07-2012

Bumping as I'm suffering from this very same issue.

Vince131

12-08-2012

sounds like a windows 8 issue

eskey

12-08-2012

If it's a Windows 8 issue, I have no idea how I'd go about solving it :-\. I'm sure if I call up Microsoft and go "HALPZ MY LEAGUE OF LEGENDZ ISNT WORKING!", they'd be like lolwut.

Windows is completely updated, what more could I do to try to fix it?

eskey

12-08-2012

Anyone?

eskey

12-09-2012

If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. Happened twice last game (in a normal thankfully b/c i still am too afraid to play ranked). SUPER annoying.

eskey

12-10-2012

More specifically it says "League of Legends (TM) Client has stopped working". I hadn't looked at what it specifically said because I'm always in a rush to get back in the game when it errors out.

Someone PLEASE help. I've had a support request open for like 4 days with no response. I've spent more money on this game than I care to admit (far over $500, I don't even want to know the real number), and I can't even enjoy normal games anymore, let alone ranked, because this problem is so severe.

Riot plz help so I can keep throwing my money at you.