"Deterministic Mode"? Made my game run at what seemed like 4x speed. Had to relog.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

real hero

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samamayhem View Post
That was the original schedule. Last I heard it will be late by one day so we can soak test some changes from Monday night.
Okay, I'm guessing this patch has the name change sale as well.
If that is the case will it be the morning of Wednesday? I have class in the PM , so I might not be able to get a name from the patch.

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
That was the original schedule. Last I heard it will be late by one day so we can soak test some changes from Monday night.
Wait, as in the server is going down tonight and the patch goes live tomorrow, or the server goes down tomorrow and the patch goes live Thursday morning?

Cerulean Laser

12-12-2012

So is Vi going to be out before the end of this week?

GENOCIDEGeorge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hey GenocideGeorge,

Deterministic mode is a mode that we at Riot are using internally to create reproducible unit tests for our game. It is a server side option, and the prompt that you were seeing on the client is erroneous (reconnect related bug). It was not actually enabled on the server for your game. We have a fix for it and we are working on having that in for the next patch scheduled for Tuesday.
Hey, thanks for the response.
So, did the "deterministic mode" message have anything to do with the glitch?
If not, do you have any idea what was causing the game to play animations so fast? It just happened in a game I was playing and was the reason we lost.

Gergitator

12-20-2012

just exprienced this trying to relog

Gergitator

12-20-2012

that fixed it... still odd

BlackPot

12-21-2012

Did the game crash? Was it considered a leave?