Banned for 2 weeks, have a question for a RED

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dischu

12-10-2012

I am ready to change. I don't want my account perm banned. I have spent way too much money on it.

I do have a question though ... can I be banned for stuff that happened before I was banned but after my tribunal case? I really hope that isn't the case .... that would pretty much destroy the whole "Punish and hope someone reforms".

Eternal Dream

12-10-2012

I have the same problem. I'm still on my 2 week ban and I got a week left and I really don't want to be permbanned. I'm trying really hard to change my personality and I spent quite a lot of money and time on the account and it would suck if I got perm.

In short, I learned my lesson. I really did.

Dischu

12-10-2012

Anyone? Not gonna buy anymore RP or even play really if it's just going to end up perm banned for something I did before this suspension.

Would love an answer :\

Eternal Dream

12-10-2012

I think that after a certain period of time the old cases get "trashed" and no one will ever see it again aside from riot if they want to bring it back up or re-open the case.

Getsuei

12-10-2012

The only thing I found that was remotely close to this was this:

7. Every time a case is punished or pardoned, all reports currently on that case are removed from Tribunal viewing so when you see a case in Tribunal, the reports that you see do not necessarily include all of the reports that have been made on the accused. The Riot staff retain access to all past reports however.

I may be wrong, but it only takes out the current ones that you were found punished/pardoned on for that case. So it seems to be possible that you can have 2 different cases open at once. Best of luck on getting a Red response.

Dischu

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
The only thing I found that was remotely close to this was this:

7. Every time a case is punished or pardoned, all reports currently on that case are removed from Tribunal viewing so when you see a case in Tribunal, the reports that you see do not necessarily include all of the reports that have been made on the accused. The Riot staff retain access to all past reports however.

I may be wrong, but it only takes out the current ones that you were found punished/pardoned on for that case. So it seems to be possible that you can have 2 different cases open at once. Best of luck on getting a Red response.
Sure hope not. That would be extremely pointless. Why even punish people if you aren't going to take the things after the suspension but before the suspension is up off?

Really hope that isn't the case. Thanks for the response.

lCantGetNoSleep

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakz NA View Post
I am ready to change. I don't want my account perm banned. I have spent way too much money on it.

I do have a question though ... can I be banned for stuff that happened before I was banned but after my tribunal case? I really hope that isn't the case .... that would pretty much destroy the whole "Punish and hope someone reforms".
I know that it's possible to get punished again while you're serving a ban due to tribunal backlogs, but I don't know if it's still applied the same way for the two week ban to the permanent ban. However, you have to consider the fact that you have to be a mega-toxic to get concurrently banned.

As far as I understand the system, it hasn't been your first time ban either. So it isn't like you haven't had chances to reform before.

Dischu

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lCantGetNoSleep View Post
I know that it's possible to get punished again while you're serving a ban due to tribunal backlogs, but I don't know if it's still applied the same way for the two week ban to the permanent ban. However, you have to consider the fact that you have to be a mega-toxic to get concurrently banned.

As far as I understand the system, it hasn't been your first time ban either. So it isn't like you haven't had chances to reform before.
Yea ... obviously I've been reported before. Thing is, next time it's permanent. So that opens my eyes to stfu and just play the game.

Dischu

12-11-2012

Bump