Shouldn't captain enchantment have a toggle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fish111

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

For the minion movespeed aura?

I believe it's great for the game that supports can command pushes now but in the situation where you don't want to push or even want to freeze a lane I think the aura for this item should allow a toggle-off, as well as the regen-aura and minion damage steroid from Banner of Command?

Similar to the way ring of aquila in dota 2 buffs allied armor, but the buff to minions can be disabled at will so as not to push the lane.

DarkenDragon

12-07-2012

theres just 1 thing that really bugs me in your post, the fact that you think captain enchant is for supports... why would you give support the captain enchantment? the way I see it is that the captain enchantment is for the front liner. so that your allies can keep up with you so your team can follow in after the initiation has been done. support should always be in the back lines or at least never ahead of the team.

Kovaris

12-07-2012

Darken, that makes sense and is the main use for it, but it can also be good for support. If you have it on your initiator you can get into combat fast, if you have it on your support your team can escape fast if they need to. Just my opinion.

Fish111

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Fair enough, that was just the first role that came to mind and I was probably pigeonholing the item as far as who buys it.

But regardless of who buys the item, shouldn't they have a choice whether to buff friendly minions? Obviously any movespeed or stats in an aura you would want to give to friendly champions, but not always to minions.