Lux just a bit too stronge?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantPyrophore

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalityByLlama View Post
hahahaha this has to be my favorite. I think you're thinking of ezreal's ult.... and if you're not, then you've clearly never played lux -- only gotten owned by one for being too bad at dodging =P
You know what one of the most entertaining things in the game is? Playing Blitzcrank or Alistar against Lux and moving her ult sideways after she begins initiation so that it hits... no one.

Ripplez

12-08-2012

To be honest, I do agree that Lux's kit is very strong and is borderline OP. I just don't think the ulti is the part that does it.

It is very well to talk about it being a skillshot - and it is - but people seem to discount that in a chaotic team fight, it is very hard to dodge it. It is also very hard to dodge it when it combos after other crowd control, including slows.

The thing is that the cc attached to her skillshots are very strong and while they don't do amazing amounts of damage, they can shut down melee characters very hard if used in a proper sequence. It also denies ranged characters the ability to kite and allows you to reposition much better. The fact that it's pretty much all decent AoE also helps it be very good.

Honest Hearts

12-08-2012

It took me a month before I mastered aiming that laser correctly and still I miss a ton of times due to Arcane Shift, Katarina blinks and even enemies walking out of it in that 0.5 seconds. The point of Lux's ult is for you to make smart decisions when aiming (such as cornering enemies) and is very forgiving if you miss (30 seconds)

However the payoff is Lux has an extremely weak laning phase. Her E which is her AoE farm costs more mana than her ult and won't clear anything even with the help of her passive until lvl 2 or 3 and her bursts aren't that high either. The reason we play Lux is because of her laser.

Creepy4

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mradr View Post
5 Lux ults again killing everyone else as the dps on it really high all up front (not like Nid if they are in front of her at least).
The problem in that scenario is that the enemy team decided to stand in a line at low hp while playing against a Lux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADeadManatee View Post
Lux's ultimate barely qualifies as a skillshot in the context you're referring to.
Its width covers almost half of a lane and it can easily hit multiple champions from a safe distance while on a very short cooldown.
You're either thinking of length when you say width, or you're thinking of another champion's ult, perhaps Ezreal or Nami.

iZianni

12-09-2012

My match history as SUPPORT Lux says she's a bit too strong personally.