Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My names riot, i fix things that are not broken..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

Old twisted treeline map had just a very few problems right?
1. Turtling- The biggest problem on this map. Allowed tanky dps, bruisers, and generally just people with heavy CC almost impossible to lose with.

2.unstable jungle camps.

3. green and gray buffs

Those were 3 clearly labeled problems. The biggest problems and the ones most complained about IMO at least. So where does all this other **** come from? The list of changes for TT should have been those 3 things and then graphical update on the map.

All this other stuff is just highly unnecessary and as the saying goes, "If it isn't broken, why fix it?"

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

cool beans to those just downvoting and not saying a thing. But the fact remains that those were big problems in the old 3's that were fixed with this update but all this other random **** just breaks the map.
It is 100% impossible to play solo queue on twisted treeline now. No wards is a joke. Its easier to get around the map even for champs with low mobility and insanely easy for those with built in mobility. No wards is brutally awful, and grezs spectral lantern is a joke and a noob trap. They say they were trying to help adc's and supports into roles onto this game but mostly just introduce high damage items that cater to bruisers and tanky dps WHILE increasing costs for defensive items when the new items have only made it easier to already penetrate said defense. No wards is a joke. Did i say no wards is a joke because no wards is a joke.

Goggris

12-07-2012

Grez Lantern is a noob trap? Explain.

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

ooo, replacement for wriggles and tehres no wards on this map. better buy this item since jungle camps are already insanely easy after like 5 mins into the game and revealing an area for 10 secs is just so good. it cant even be used like a ward since by the time you go back to where you need to be the revealed area is already gone. But wait you say, you can check bushes with this item you say. Really? because if you look at the map there are 0 bushs that you should be required to facecheck for whatever reason. The top two and bottom two bushs are so close to a tower that you would have no reason to be having your team camp said bushs. And the middle bushs near movespeed you have no reason to be face checking to see if they are there. turn around and go through bush near tower back to lane since it will take relatively the same amount of time since this map is so easy to move around on.

The stats are then wasted because of how useless the active is. You should be building into something better for tankiness, lifesteal, or attack damage instead of spectral lantern. lets not forget you should just be selling it late game for something better anyways just like how it was done with wriggles

Bobinatorlol

12-07-2012

Quote:
Aerophobia:
cool beans to those just downvoting and not saying a thing.

First thing is your title is bad and makes you look like pissed off toddler not getting their way. Then when you read the actual post with all of the whining and crying it further proves this. Want to have a legitimate discussion? Act like an adult. Want to be treated like a cry baby and continue to be ignored? Keep on doing what you are doing my friend.

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

Quote:
Bobinatorlol:
First thing is your title is bad and makes you look like pissed off toddler not getting their way. Then when you read the actual post with all of the whining and crying it further proves this. Want to have a legitimate discussion? Act like an adult. Want to be treated like a cry baby and continue to be ignored? Keep on doing what you are doing my friend.

Says the person insulting me for no real reason. Or maybe my title has to do with the main point that i clearly made in my post which is that "if its not broken why fix it?". Would you care to point out where i am supposedly whining in my original post? Because i believe i talked about my points and then listed them and then proceeded to give my main point which i have now pointed out 3 times. Want to be treated like an idiot? Keep acting like a self righteous ******* who doesn't even bother to read or understand a topic clearly pointed out to them. Keep on doing what you are doing my friend.

Goggris

12-07-2012

Quote:
Aerophobia:
ooo, replacement for wriggles and tehres no wards on this map. better buy this item since jungle camps are already insanely easy after like 5 mins into the game and revealing an area for 10 secs is just so good. it cant even be used like a ward since by the time you go back to where you need to be the revealed area is already gone. But wait you say, you can check bushes with this item you say. Really? because if you look at the map there are 0 bushs that you should be required to facecheck for whatever reason. The top two and bottom two bushs are so close to a tower that you would have no reason to be having your team camp said bushs. And the middle bushs near movespeed you have no reason to be face checking to see if they are there. turn around and go through bush near tower back to lane since it will take relatively the same amount of time since this map is so easy to move around on.

The stats are then wasted because of how useless the active is. You should be building into something better for tankiness, lifesteal, or attack damage instead of spectral lantern. lets not forget you should just be selling it late game for something better anyways just like how it was done with wriggles

I don't know how to respond to that, except that its completely wrong. Those stats are all very good for most junglers. The reveal is amazing to prevent face checking or shutting out stealth champs. It's not a must buy on every jungler, but is it a noob trap? Not even close.

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

Quote:
Goggris:
I don't know how to respond to that, except that its completely wrong. Those stats are all very good for most junglers. The reveal is amazing to prevent face checking or shutting out stealth champs. It's not a must buy on every jungler, but is it a noob trap? Not even close.

But jungling is horrible on 3's now. and i already pointed out face checking and how pointless that is.

Redenbacher

12-07-2012

Right, active vision is pointless.

If I remember correctly, it took a good year before people on SR realized how powerful Clairvoyance is.

Aerophobia

12-07-2012

pls tell me how much clairvoyance is used now? and thats a summoner spell which would be different argument there. Also a different map as well