Trying to teach girlfriend to play support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dildonia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I'm trying to teach my girlfriend how to play support and I'm not exactly what you call a "pro" support. I was wondering if there were any guides out there that are perfect for teaching someone to play support. By the way she's pretty much never played a PC game. So... I need like a really dumbed down guide I guess.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I would be willing to jump into a few customs with you and her and help her to understand what it means to be a support player if you would like. send me a request in game with a link to the thread and I will do what I can. I think being new to pc gaming and such it would be better to have live help instead of trying to read about it. cause just reading about it can be difficult to understand specially with some of the terms involved. Also I main all things bot lane so I feel I could help out with a fair amount of knowledge.

I wont be available until later tonight after work. so dont be worried if i dont accept right away.

Dildonia

12-07-2012

Thanks so much, but sadly I wont have a chance to teach her until tomorrow or maybe Sunday. Is that fine with you?

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-07-2012

have you and her play against easy bots, you can't lose no matter how bad you are. if she is bad you can carry her if you are half way decent.

honestly i see more girls play ranged ad carries than anything. i think that might be the role for her, like teemo. who can also be supportish with his shrooms.

Dildonia

12-07-2012

I dont want to teach her ADC because an ADC is suppose to carry a team, and from what I've seen, she can't carry anything. I was planning on teaching her Soraka and right now, she knows the basics, I'm looking for a way to teach her builds in a simple way, ever since the UI update I cant teach her anything, new items I dont even know.

awesomejak

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4LL3Nx ANG3L View Post
I dont want to teach her ADC because an ADC is suppose to carry a team, and from what I've seen, she can't carry anything. I was planning on teaching her Soraka and right now, she knows the basics, I'm looking for a way to teach her builds in a simple way, ever since the UI update I cant teach her anything, new items I dont even know.
What does she know about the game? How much, might be a better question.

Dildonia

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomejak View Post
What does she know about the game? How much, might be a better question.
Well, she knows how to cast abilities and fight minions lol. She doesn't know WHEN and what situations to use them though. Like she'll use Ashe's E on minions thinking it does damage, so she knows how to cast them, and she somewhat knows what they do, like she'll Q champs if we go in to get them, but she can't fight alone right now.

IsaStarcrossed

12-08-2012

I main support and am currently smurfing, so I can't explain to you how hard it is to 'learn' support at a low level in this game. People just do not know how to utilize supports prelevel 20 or so and it usually leaves the support useless and vulnerable. That said, it is possible to learn to play even if is difficult. My first advice would be to not teach her to fight minions. As support, you should rarely ever fight minions unless the ADC is not present and even then, you shouldn't push the lane much. On average, a support should have 20-30 farm by 20 minutes where as an ADC should have around 100-150 if you're 'average' and closer to 200 if you are 'good'. So teaching her to fight minions is counter productive. :P As support, the whole idea is to really keep your ADC alive and it's all about timing and setting up opportunities for your ADC to succeed. It is something that will come with time and she will not learn over night. I've played around 2000 games as support and I still have timing issues from time to time, so yeah. It's rough.

To be honest though, my best advice would be to get her a Sona. Sona is the support I learned to play on. She is a nice, passive support who is easy to learn and has no skill shots except her ult, which has a broad and easy to aim range. Put her on Sona, let her play some games, and tell her that her only job is to use her W when her ADC is hit, use E when she wants to run away, and use Q to poke at her enemies when they get close to her ADC. Do that, and she'll pick up on support play quick. That said, if you would like someone to play with her and show her the basics of support, I would be glad to play with her on my Smurf. She will need voice chat such as Skype though because it is extremely difficult to explain how to play via in game chat. Just let me know something.

CounterSnipe

12-08-2012

solo...mid....dot...net....

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4LL3Nx ANG3L View Post
to be honest support is more for advanced players. you have to have a much higher understanding of the game to do better as a support, and supports have more impact on the out come and literally set up alot of kills for the carry and save them in alot of situations. in bot games the support can carry. it's a bot game. you should win no matter what. even if she was the ad carry and feeding.

if you teach your girl friend support for advanced players which she is not advanced, she'll hate the game and leave. teach her the fun easy role which is ad carry, and you play the support and enhance her experience healing her, grabbing people with blitz to set up kills. body guard her with nunu's slows and speed ups. your the better player so do the right thing.

if she was your wife i doubt she would be ok with you playing online games. which is why it's good that your not married to her, she don't care about you as much as someone who has to live with you.