Noob questions on new masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

12-10-2012

1- What does Artificer do? It states "reduces cool downs on activated items by 7.5/15%" Does this mean it will reduce the cool down of my talents by 15% when I activate them?

2- Legendary Armor ? Is says "Increases Bonus Armor and Magic Resist by 2 / 3.5 / 5%" Does this mean it increases any of your AR\MR by that amount? If not what is Bonus AR\MR?

3- Havoc? Is says "Increase damage by .67 / 1.33 / 2%" Does this mean it increases all damage (AA \ AD \ AP) ?

4- Are Unyielding \ Block \ Defender even worth getting on a tank and\or support ? Seems like the the few HP you save by getting them are not worth the mastery points.

That is it for the moment. Thanks for the help.

Daefish

12-10-2012

1) I believe that is referring to the actual items with a "Active" ability to them. eg when you press 1-6 and it activates the item.

I'm still fairly new to this game so I could be wrong.

Scarlet Ambition

12-10-2012

artificer is useful if you use alot of items that have active abilitys such has R.Omens or shuyrlias as it reduces their cooldown so you may reuse them again at another time.

legenday armor is a really nice mastery for tanks because let say you have 1 point in it and you got like about 300 AR and MR the bouns is 2% of your 300 AR/MR is 6 and add that with 300 which make it to 306.

havoc is the same thing with legendary armor but with damage

and the last one i dont know how to explain

Fs Son0fSilas

12-10-2012

Items only, as it says in the text. So this excludes abilities and talents.

There are base stats and bonus stats. Bonus stats are the ones gained from items, masteries and runes.

Yes, increases damage from all sources, be it activated items, ignite, pets, any damage that's dealt by you.

The added defense is most definately worth it. In the case of tanky supports I usually get 1/11/18, 1/15/14, 1/16/13 or some combination. This is always subject to change depending on the enemy though. With the changes to MS filling up */*/21 gives more than enough move speed to be able to go while out boots for most of the early game. Especially on supports with high movement speeds, move speed buffs, or if you've chosen to take MS quints.

Experiment when you have time, and do what feels best to you.