A Yordle with a Swordle!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yordle Swordler

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windman44 View Post
The Willpower Resource is a cool mechanic!
Thanks
Willpower is not the most novative thing it's a rage mechanism for an AP, still what I do like is that with the combos it becomes even more interesting, both mechanisms can have a nice synergy

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Yorlde with a Swordle deserves a bump and a red response! I mostly want this to happen since he reminds me of Frog from Chrono Trigger lol

Shaboopie

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didoodeladi View Post
I'm joking about this bankai thing it's just that I found some episodes on my hard-disk recently it made me feel nostalgic. :3
The willpower is just a rage the game allready support this kind of ressource
I'm not a huge fan of the Rage resource either. It just seems to make things more complicated than they need to be. I just don't see any reason having a spellsword would require anything more than normal mana.

Yordle Swordler

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaboopie View Post
I'm not a huge fan of the Rage resource either. It just seems to make things more complicated than they need to be. I just don't see any reason having a spellsword would require anything more than normal mana.
Well Mana would not work here, because mana is good to make the champions powerfull on initiate but in longer fight it makes them weak as the guy will have no mana left and it's the total opposite we seek here, we want this buddy to get better and better when the fight lasts.
Why? Because the whole skill set is based on the idea that the champion will have to spam his abilities to feel powerfull if he has mana he'd go oom pretty much quickly. The champion will then become Bursty if we want that buddy to jungle and be a real bruiser then it's not the way to go I believe.

Shaboopie

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didoodeladi View Post
Well Mana would not work here, because mana is good to make the champions powerfull on initiate but in longer fight it makes them weak as the guy will have no mana left and it's the total opposite we seek here, we want this buddy to get better and better when the fight lasts.
Why? Because the whole skill set is based on the idea that the champion will have to spam his abilities to feel powerfull if he has mana he'd go oom pretty much quickly. The champion will then become Bursty if we want that buddy to jungle and be a real bruiser then it's not the way to go I believe.
Okay, I'm going to say this just because one of my many character flaws is that I'm very contradictory. Not because I don't agree with what you're saying.

Ryze doesn't go oom much, and he spams abilities like no one else.

Yordle Swordler

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaboopie View Post
Okay, I'm going to say this just because one of my many character flaws is that I'm very contradictory. Not because I don't agree with what you're saying.

Ryze doesn't go oom much, and he spams abilities like no one else.
Ryze passive and skills are based on your ability to stack mana on him, thus his all set is based on the way you saccrifice pure AP or resists items to stack mana and get some extra damages in reward, it's pretty much an exeption here it does not change the idea behind the mana mechanism.
Any other champion would loose more damages output or sustain in order to buy that extra mana that will allow you to stay a bit longer in fights.

If we want to go further on the example of Ryze his mana wont make him better in long-term fights, stacking mana only enlable him to last longer over the time not becoming stronger as the fight lasts.

But if we absolutely wanted to do something with mana and stay close to what we seek here we would have to make a passive that increases the damages depending on the mana your champion is currently missing, that would work too but would be very tricky to master even with a simple kit. The actual kit is allready much complicated to add that thing unless we say combos do reduce mana costs to 0, and the mana starts from full to empty. But I think this would be less intuitive overall.

ehh Jun

01-24-2013

whoa

TT Dreadnaught

01-24-2013

riot pls

Wezz

01-24-2013

deserves another bump.

Strato5

01-24-2013

wow, bump