Irelia Earlygame help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PachewPachew

12-07-2012

The dude saying not to miss cs vers a counter pick like olaf is not a very smart player.I have fought out of elo hell and until recently had an 11-4-7 kda with her. She is by far one of the best champs in game and riven olaf if played well cant hold a candle to her.You want to always get your hiten style at lvl 1 simply bc if someone gets the great idea to duke it out with you lvl 1 the heal the dmg out performs q which is on a stupid long cd, her stun on a meh cd with eh dmg lvl 1.LvL 2 if the player continues being agressive and trying to zone you it will hurt but hang back grab cs when able to but never expose yourself to take unnecessary damage.Irelia at lvl 3 becomes able to finally stand on her own, for instance a olaf will try and throw his axe at you if you are playing passive snabbing cs when able youll dodge it most likely if he gets annoyed and wants to thundersmash you GET READY this is where you make him REGRET showing his face!Pop hiten style and LET him hit you this brings him close to you and yes it hurts BUT then you pop your stun and get 2-3 hits by lvl 4-5 if he keeps doing this the 2-3 attacks you get from stun along with a follow up on q when he runs away bc you hurt start making him VERY cautious.I never have an issue with olaf or riven bc once they get in close I know what they want to do and i make them regret it.I also play irelia atm 9-21 for durability.The thing you want to remember is never expose yourself before lvl 3 at minimum by lvl 4 you should have 1 in surge 1 instun and 2 in hiten style. If you have to hang back for lvls dont worry bc 2 turret shots for melee creeps and 1 shot for casters makes sure that q catches you right back up.if they are hanging back from you run up to them and stun now most people thing that more hp means you wont stun but if you run up to the enemy champ and youre both at 100% you stun that champ!! hp doesnt count for nada!its all about %. I max my hiten style first, strike second and surge third.Do some normal games find a sort of rhythm to her..know when you need to be safe, feel whenthe champ wants to engage,learn to get a flow on top lane and this is my personal pref. Since they took out Ionic spark i get a phage first followed quickly by wits end.More for the as then anything else!The AS and slight dmg make any engage go in your favor.Hope this glimpse helps a lil.I could go on but ya...

first time Vayne

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Je Vous Merde View Post
What's your skilling order? I normally put 1 pt in E first then W then Q, max my w then e.

As for items what do you suggest I start for a strong ad early game pick. Cloth potsx5? or something to start philo so I can make up for lost cs.

Then buildwise I should be going either boots pots or cloth pots, to either a philo or rushing triforce, GA, Wits end, to something super tanky like warmogs, or randuins?

thank you for the really good info amish btw!
Thanks for the upvotes, guys! I'm glad I'm able to help out.

For your skill order, open with your Q for efficient farming from the start. Add a point in your W next, and then your E. It's pretty important to have all of your abilities pretty quickly with Irelia. At level 4, I usually start maxing W > E > Q, adding points in Q as the priority over E when I notice that it doesn't have as much punch as I would like for last hitting. Your Q is what makes you Irelia, believe it or not, so it is vital that you keep it off of cooldown during the laning phase. A few extra points in it as opposed to your E will not make a noticeable difference in ganks, but you'll notice it in your cs. And remember, 12 cs = 1 kill. That's 2 creep waves. They add up fast.

If you're up against a strong AD pick, like Fiora or Jayce, then yes, Cloth Armor + 5 health pots is your best bet for a first buy. Otherwise, I prefer Doran's Shield now that Regrowth Pendant has been removed. The health regen and added defenses are great on Irelia because of her sustain. She can have a few bad trades and still come out ahead after regenning for a minute or two. Remember, you shouldn't be trading much early on, so having pots isn't necessary unless you know they will be harassing you (*ahem* Fiora or Jayce, and God forbid Teemo). After a Shield (or two if you have the money and feel the need to get beefier), evaluate your situation. If you're being camped or missing kills in ganks, grab boots. If not, then grab Philo Stone. I have gone entire laning phases without boots, but it's not recommended (it was a farm lane against a scared Cho'Gath -- I warded, and he couldn't kill me alone).

If you do not open with Doran's Shield, consider getting one or two on your first or second trip back. They make you tankier than Doran's Blades, and your W can compensate for offense. Your opponents will likely be building Doran's Blades, so you'll quickly outclass them in both.

first time Vayne

12-08-2012

Add me in-game if you want some personalized help.

OreIsan

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Add me in-game if you want some personalized help.

Thanks a lot Amish I really appreciate your help!