Irelia Earlygame help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StompingOrphans

12-07-2012

A guy asks for help and is ridiculed by one of the forums most active members lol. Whats league coming to.

adc

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StompingOrphans View Post
A guy asks for help and is ridiculed by one of the forums most active members lol. Whats leage coming to.
Merde is French for sh**. I was making a joke, he took it wrong and got angry when I poked fun at that.

Je Vous Merde

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Merde is French for sh**. I was making a joke, he took it wrong and got angry when I poked fun at that.
Seriously all I asked for is help and you do nothing but make fun of French and you do nothing to help me with Irelia.

BloodOnOurHands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Obviously French grammar structure is different from English. A few things, though. First, I'm not American. I'm Canadian. So you're being even more ignorant by assuming I'm American. Second, I wasn't trolling, I was making a joke. Third, I never learnt French fluently, and I've never visited a French speaking country. So why would I know French well enough to know that the words "I", "You (formal)", and "S***" form "F*** you" when put together like that? It makes no logical sense.
dude just so you know you live in a in a French speaking country. French is your second language cause you know ther's Quebec province where we speak french.

adc

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by im99king View Post
dude just so you know you live in a in a French speaking country. French is your second language cause you know ther's Quebec province where we speak french.
Just because it's technically our second official language doesn't mean anybody outside Quebec speaks it. The majority of non-Quebecois don't speak French fluently, if at all.

And how was I making fun of French? That doesn't even make sense. I made a joke, you got angry about it and started raging about how I'm an ignorant American etc. etc. I don't play Irelia well at all, so I wasn't going to give you advice. I had meant to post that, you get a chuckle, and then perhaps people who do play Irelia could help you out. But you got all sensitive about it.

Kiffage

12-07-2012

Dat irelia question op

bootyhunter777

12-07-2012

Hey, I had alot of struggle with Irelia top as well early game. My advice is to play very defensive no matter who you are facing until around level 6 or 7. Ask for ganks from the jungler too to relieve pressure on you. Then, once you have gotten some pressure off yourself, harras them, make sure to use your W all the time. Once you get a kill or some assists get your phage and wonder the map. Irelia is useless by herself until she is fed. But in a teamfight she is amazing. Make sure to get in fights with your team, get gold, dominate. Wondering the map is great with Irelia.

Je Vous Merde

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyhunter777 View Post
Hey, I had alot of struggle with Irelia top as well early game. My advice is to play very defensive no matter who you are facing until around level 6 or 7. Ask for ganks from the jungler too to relieve pressure on you. Then, once you have gotten some pressure off yourself, harras them, make sure to use your W all the time. Once you get a kill or some assists get your phage and wonder the map. Irelia is useless by herself until she is fed. But in a teamfight she is amazing. Make sure to get in fights with your team, get gold, dominate. Wondering the map is great with Irelia.
I've just had trouble because I am getting bullied out of lane by strong early lane champs like Riven, with low cd and no mana, and Junglers tend to be more focused on bot lane, and mid. I do my job in team fights pretty well, as I can get in there and stun and mostly get the adc zoned out, I don't have an amazing kdr in ranked but I get lots of assists and focus my target well, just takes os long to get itemized

first time Vayne

12-07-2012

I main Irelia in top lane, so I can offer some advice. You've naturally picked up on how item-dependent she is, which is crucial. Unless you get ahead in levels early on, you won't be 1v1ing any strong top lane picks until you get your basic items. But once you get ahead, you deny your lane partner hard and you snowball easily.

So the number one rule with Irelia is to not miss ANY cs. Grab kills and assists if you can (ganks are your friends), but DO NOT DIE and get every last hit you can. Luckily, her Q is designed to catch last hits with, so her farm is completely broken. If you are bullied by the enemy, let him push you under your tower. Irelia is one of the best at farming under her tower as long as you keep that Q off cooldown. On that note, though, only use the Q to farm if you have to. It can eat at mana faster than you expect... Under the tower, a melee minion dies from 2 turret attacks and an autoattack or Q, and a caster minion dies to 1 turret attack followed by an autoattack then a quick Q. Once you put a level or two into your Q, it can finish them off after the tower hit.

Get Philosopher's Stone, and your sustain will be broken. I would upgrade to Miracle asap because the new passive is even more broken, but gp5 and Shurelya's are ok. Aim to have Trinity Force by the time team fights start, and it will be all the damage you need to get by for the rest of the game. Guardian Angel should be next. After Trin and GA, your priority should be high level tank items, but Wits end is a good luxury item. True damage + attack speed is broken. It is your job to be in the middle of team fights scaring the carries away. Make sure you can survive it.

Get Tenacity on something in every game, and build the defensive crowd control reduction masteries, and you'll be able to walk through the enemy without giving a f***. I've calculated the old Juggernaut mastery, Tenacity, and your passive to be something like 75% ccr. So broken...

As for abilities, level up your W first. 75 true damage at level 9 is broken. Put a level into your Q whenever you feel you need to. The additional farm it gets you can be worth it. Otherwise, max your E after W. Take your ulti whenever you can. Its primary use is for clearing waves when you want to go back to base. It has a short cooldown, but its damage and lifesteal when hitting one target isn't strong enough to rely on for winning you a fight. However, if you can position yourself so that it hits the minion wave and your opponent while you fight, your damage and sustain become broken.

If you haven't caught on yet, Irelia's entire concept is completely broken -- that's why she's still strong even after so many nerfs. Once you get used to making it through the early game, you'll enjoy her "Mundo goes where he wants" play style. Good luck!

Je Vous Merde

12-07-2012

What's your skilling order? I normally put 1 pt in E first then W then Q, max my w then e.

As for items what do you suggest I start for a strong ad early game pick. Cloth potsx5? or something to start philo so I can make up for lost cs.

Then buildwise I should be going either boots pots or cloth pots, to either a philo or rushing triforce, GA, Wits end, to something super tanky like warmogs, or randuins?

thank you for the really good info amish btw!