@ Riot an hosest question about champion skin tone and themes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subalternate01

12-07-2012

Hi Riot

Thank you for Vi, the Piltover Enforcer! really excited about this Champion,

With that said, Do any of the skin designers feel like it would make thematic and aesthetic sense to do a Rutera/Blaxploitation skin for Vi.

I'm not talking some racist caricatures but a solid skin that bring out Vi's tropes while showcasing a genre's audience appeal that broadened to cross-racial and ethnic lines?

Lets think about Vi background and why this skin would make sense...

1. Underprivileged background [x] - I think it would be awesome to get more depth to what it's like living in the bad part of Pitlover

2. Vi as a character crosses several trope subtypes found in Blaxploitation: action/martial arts (big fist in your face, hells yeah!), horror (saving people instead of robbing them), comedy (that interaction with Cait is classic!) [x]

3. By making a Blaxploitation type theme or adding in said elements and doing it right could be one way to explore and continue to shape character relationships. It also brings something that other legacy skins have: nostalgia!

Doing a skin like this would continue allow league characters with atypical characteristics, to appear as themselves but also introduce new ways to explore other characters/flavor of Vi. Some movies that took this and ran with it we movies like done in Live and Let Die (1973) - the Harlem underworld characters, Enter the Dragon (1973) - Jim Kelly's character was a good lance for Bruce Lee.

Those Giant metal hextech gauntlets were made for punching the man (whom ever he is)
but also were made to embrace and bring together (in contrast to divide) the community to see league characters interact in different, fun, and impactfull ways.

I do not think putting a brown face on Vi would change her character in any bit if anything I think it would be fun to hear her punch someone in the face and say some ridiculous Rutera/Blaxploitation catchphrase.

The League always says it will do what is right for a character, and if it fits thematically they will do it.

Well here is there shot to do something unique like they do for China, Korea, South America, and Europe with skins that capture the spirit of their respective cultures.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subalternate01

12-07-2012

BTW in case you needed a visual reference for what Im talking about...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6xZdIEwBlj....scaled500.jpg

I dont want to step to that