Pls allow to test "on sale" champs (and maybe also skins)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

12-07-2012

Hi RIOT!

Very often I see champs on sale which I never played before but are somehow appealing - such as Lu atm.

But I never ever played her before! Do you really think most people will pay for a champ - even if it is on sale - with RP/RL cash if they never played him before?

Lu sounds interesting, but what if I don't like her? What if I think after my purchase she isn't worth the money I paid for her?

Similiar for skins. The splash art doesn't say anything.

So my quite simple suggestion: Allow people to either "test play" champs that are on sale - for instance, in a limited amount of games or specific matches (special custom game modes?). Another option would be to only make champs on sale which are F2P right now. Same for skins maybe.

I am expecting an answer from a red to this.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

12-09-2012

bump

Sloshula

12-09-2012

Honestly, if you're really that worried about buying champions or skins, just watch a youtube video with someone playing them / using that skin.

ACGIFT

12-09-2012

There *IS* a way to test-drive champions: free week. That's (most) of the whole point.

So the sale champions aren't free that week? They were likely free before. And if you miss a sale, don't worry: those come around relatively often: with 2 sales a week for 3 champs per, that's 312 champions that go on sale a year... Out of 108 currently there. That means that on average, a champion will be on sale for ~3 days every 4 months.So if you missed a sale... Just wait for the next one. (Riot's had some issues in not being as balanced with their sales, but with others keeping track, they've gotten a bit better)

Beaumains

12-10-2012

Agree that Riot should put champions on sale at the end of the week they're free, whenever possible. Currently they tend to put champs on sale the week after their free week (or the week after that). I save my RP for skins anyway, and use IP strictly for whatever can be bought with IP. However, in those cases where the current sale doesn't coincide w/ a free-week champion, you do have the refund option. I forget whether it's 3 total or 3 per year (the latter would be better, but the first is more likely), but it is an option.

ACGIFT

12-10-2012

Keep in mind that there's only 6 champions on sale a week, compared to 10 that are free. So it'd be impossible to follow each free rotation with a sale.

As for a sale on the latest champions, I do think that they have a tendency (unless INCREDIBLY popular) of doing so within the first month or two.

My only complaint is perhaps how disbalanced as far as who goes on sale or goes free. Lulu, (the 14th newest champion) for instance, has been free four times, while everyone from Draven onward (i.e, the last 10 released) has only been free once since their release.

Nightwhite3

12-10-2012

I support this, I hate buying champions that look good and end up not enjoying them.

IS1330ca164c1e976181edd

12-17-2012

bumpbump