Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kat pole dances on a candy cane? Really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AvariceSyn

12-07-2012

Quote:
WarAngeI:
Thank you for the well thought out post. I really appreciate what you said. It's a great point and totally relevant to what I was asking about.

I try, and apologize for the slightly aggressive ending. It's a broad issue that nags at me a bit, but when the issue in question is family related and not "Riot keeps making champions that are oversexualized/demeaning to women" I'm much more understanding. If I ever have children, I most certainly wouldn't want them exposed too early to explicit content, either (eventually they're going to learn about it/hear it/see it and at that point I'd rather be proactive in a position to explain things myself).

WarAngeI

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ganjamon:
They're your kids so raise them however you want but just know that you're sheltering them hardcore so that when they are approaching their adult age, things will be very confusing to them. Eventually you wont be there all the time to hold their hand and explain everything so just keep this in mind. Nothing against you but this is the reality of things.

Not sure I understand how not letting them play GTA IV or being disappointed with a pole dancing recall in a game would be considered "Sheltering" my kids "Hardcore." I could see this as influencing their moral compass a bit, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

WarAngeI

12-07-2012

Quote:
AvariceSyn:
I try, and apologize for the slightly aggressive ending. It's a broad issue that nags at me a bit, but when the issue in question is family related and not "Riot keeps making champions that are oversexualized/demeaning to women" I'm much more understanding. If I ever have children, I most certainly wouldn't want them exposed too early to explicit content, either (eventually they're going to learn about it/hear it/see it and at that point I'd rather be proactive in a position to explain things myself).

1000x this. I totally agree.

Xarlee

12-07-2012

Quote:
Ganjamon:
They're your kids so raise them however you want but just know that you're sheltering them hardcore so that when they are approaching their adult age, things will be very confusing to them. Eventually you wont be there all the time to hold their hand and explain everything so just keep this in mind. Nothing against you but this is the reality of things.

i understand and agree

Quote:
WarAngeI:
Not sure I understand how not letting them play GTA IV or being disappointed with a pole dancing recall in a game would be considered "Sheltering" my kids "Hardcore." I could see this as influencing their moral compass a bit, but that's not relevant to this discussion.

hes not talking just about a game, when you home school kids they only see the world as you see only learn what you teach, they wont see the big picture the violence, the hate, the let downs, they also wont see True friendship companionship, they wont experience the different ways of the world so to speak