Why were these (2) things not added to patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chopinator

12-07-2012

-Why didnt they add starting on both blue and purple sides when doing co-op vs AI?

-Why didnt they add a AI jungler (atleast on intermediate) to make co-oping closer to the current meta in PVP?

Are these issues not worthy of changes?

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-07-2012

#1 is not a bad idea, but you're the first person I've ever seen with that suggestion.

#2 I don't agree with. Bots do a mediocre job of teaching players how to play the game. The fact that they lane swap is enough to teach players what it means to be ganked. Having a dedicated ganking jungler wouldn't teach that lesson any faster. Additionally, because bots are so predictable, it would be stupidly easy to shut down their jungler.

AI is better at providing a challenge to a real team than realistically mimicking a real team. Given a choice between the two, I hope they continue to go with the former.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-07-2012

you are worried bout that, when being able to click on someone to see their rune page and mastery page in use, on spectator mode is not yet implemented?

bot jungler means every single game guaranteed invade success, which is not realistic. bots will never be realistic, because they are not real.

what if each champion had a type, there is 5 or 10 types. lets give these types a number. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. type 1 does double damage to type 2, and 1 takes half damage from type 2, 2 does this to 3, 3 does this to 4, 4 does this to 5, 5 does this to 6, 6 does this to 7, 7 does this to 8, 8 does this to 9, 10 does this to 1. pretty much rock paper scissors but with 10. you could ask why has this change not been made yet? you see, you can ask that about any thing.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-07-2012

I feel like you're missing something... There is no 'Easy button' for LoL...

They can't just think they want something and have it appear out of nowhere. AI coding is more complex than you're giving it credit for, but I can't say much more than that, as I don't actually do any AI work myself, nor have I seen their decision trees. It's entirely possible though, that all of the bots decisions are based on being top (purple?); if that's the case, then 'simply switching them to bot' would break EVERYTHING.

Creepy4

12-07-2012

#1 is a decent idea, but see what Panzer said. Depending on how things are coded, starting at purple would possibly require every bot to essentially be coded a second time. That's a lot of work.

#2 involves ridiculously complex coding, and would likely result in a subpar jungler. Bots are too predictable in their actions, and the jungler bot would effectively feed the player team. (For example, let's say there was a jungle bot that always started at the enemy blue buff and then moved to red. Players could easily memorize the paths jungle bots take and ambush them in areas where they know that the jungle bot will be at low health (such as at the enemy red camp, probably).

Not to mention bots are horrible at ganking.

AntHill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Riot has talked about these things before. They really want to do the first one but they dont have a dedicated AI team able to work on these for the amount of time needed. So things that have to do with co-op game modes take a lot longer than say a simple balance change. AFAIK there is only 1 person who really looks at the AI and handles that. Maybe it has changed now but I still think they dont have the resources to really push stuff out like they do with live.