Vi, The Piltover Enforcer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sasaeru

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuzAnn View Post
kitae had this to say about the "Why join the League" question in her AMAs Returning thread:

Problem is they aren't delivering and we are forced to improvise as a result. Also I don't agree with the one liner not giving new info on the champion. It gives info on why they joined which from all the questions means that it's "new" and unknown information.
Yea. I feel like Riot really dropped the ball on this one. I really don't see what the problem was with even just a one liner telling us WHY the joined the League. I can think of no reason for Vi to join the League other than to punch champions faces in. Thing is, if they had said even just that in the lore, I would have been satisfied.

Xulsigae

12-11-2012

Ultimately Vi seems to be a far more reckless and shallow Robin, and her connection with Caitlyn a subpar parody of buddy cop movies. She punches things- a one trick pony. If she was so good at stealing from other criminals, I'd think she'd be more subtle. How else could she survive that long? Brute force usually doesn't allow someone to live any significant time, unless you're Mundo.

Fallonx

12-12-2012

i like vi XD

Ed Khil

12-14-2012

Personally, I feel her lore is rather weak. Her relation with Caitlyn seems highly cliched, and her pre-cait lore seems like Riot was just wimping out of having a full scale criminal.

Personally, I would have gone with a balance of fear dynamic with Cait with Vi as both Caitlyn's star deputy and arch-rival. While Caitlyn is duty-bound to hunt Vi, she cannot deny the usefulness of having criminals appear unconscious in her path. While both by their nature are required to oppose eachother, each respects and even fears the other enough to find a showdown to be a unsound business decision.

MasqureMan

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Khil View Post
Personally, I feel her lore is rather weak. Her relation with Caitlyn seems highly cliched, and her pre-cait lore seems like Riot was just wimping out of having a full scale criminal.

Personally, I would have gone with a balance of fear dynamic with Cait with Vi as both Caitlyn's star deputy and arch-rival. While Caitlyn is duty-bound to hunt Vi, she cannot deny the usefulness of having criminals appear unconscious in her path. While both by their nature are required to oppose eachother, each respects and even fears the other enough to find a showdown to be a unsound business decision.
Everything is a remix. Cliche doesn't have to be bad, and if that's the direction they chose to go with it, so be it.

Nezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
They said they didn't like one liners, which is ridiculous because those gave insight into all the motives and reasons why they were in the game. You shouldn't have to guess at that stuff.
"Kha'zix will feast on Rengar"

Vongeo

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezo View Post
"Kha'zix will feast on Rengar"
wat?

One top of that I like the one liners because it links all the champions together. Make them a lore that interconnects and makes you wonder whats next instead of just a story without a purpose.

I don't know anyone who doesn't want the one liners. There has literally never been a complaint.

COZZ

12-20-2012

Vi came to the league of legends to thicken the coffers of Riot, this does not sound all that good inside of the Lore though.

Newbonomicon

12-20-2012

"Hey, my partner Caitlyn is a Champion."

"Being a Champion makes her rich and famous."

"I punch things much harder than Caitlyn does."

"I should be a Champion."

Happy?