The Shopkeepers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ronyk

12-14-2012

You know, the two guys who sell Infinity Edges, Rabadon Deathcaps, Warmogs (without any haggling, mind you), and who seem to have an unlimited supply of Elixers that let you see into the realm of invisibility?

I haven't read through all of the journals, nor all of the champion lore, so I come to the forum with questions:

1. Who are they?
2. Are they related?
3a. Are there six of them? (two per map?)
3b. If so, what happened to the two that lived in old twisted tree line?
4. Why do the two in Proving grounds only sell items to me when I die!? Are they that sadistic? (we should really explore the different personalities between the shopkeepers)
5. It would make sense that the shopkeepers have only six item slots (each), and the rest are in his/her cart. What six items do the shopkeepers have equipped?
6a. Why can't I target them!?
6b. They're immune to my AOEs! RUN! IT'S GOT A BUNCH OF BLACK CLEAVERS!(note, nerfed.)
7. What do they do with all of the money they get from the champions? I imagine they use the thousands upon thousands of gold to buy food for their poor Yordle families.

Thank you ahead of time for all of the answers provided.

EyeMtheStron9est

12-14-2012

They sell remakes of original items if I remember.
Also, the game is 'reset' after every game so they aren't becoming rich or anything. They are just using 'vidyagamemoney'.

Roy Manada

12-20-2012

Here is my theory. A long time ago, while the League was a fresh and new thing to solve the problems between factions, the Institute of War realized they needed to get a shopkeeper to bestow items upon the champions in the League. The 1st Shopkeepers they found were ogres/trolls, and were immediately dispatched to the Fields of Justice. The shopkeepers, however, had no battle experience. So, the League had to create special turrets to protect them, which uses a special type of magic that can penetrate through all sources of armor and resistance. The turrets also granted divine protection to the shopkeepers, keeping them from being targeted by attacks from any person. However, as the League progressed on, the old shopkeepers decided to rebel, thinking the divine protection would still be on them, and the people would never hurt their beloved shopkeepers. However, the rebellion was soon stopped, as the shopkeepers were instantly massacred, leaving very few survivors. The League had needed new shopkeepers, so they had hired the Yordle Banking Institution, for their services. The last 2 survivors of the ogres/trolls worked on the Twisted Treeline, hoping to one day repent for their sins. However, their wish had never come true, for they had working on a secluded area surrounding Zaun, and with no means of escape, and exiled away, they perished there, with no food or water. So, the Yordle shopkeepers we see today have fully replaced our old shopkeepers. The shopkeepers, knowing they have the divine protection of the League, don't carry items. They are merely displays to attract Summoners to buy their merchandise. 2 Yordle shopkeepers created the Death arena known as "Proving Grounds," so the champions could prove their worth. However, since the League has no control over the bridge, the Yordles could do what they wanted, even only selling merchandise when their customer dies. The old shopkeepers have used the money sponsor their rebellion against the Institute, while the Yordles sponsor their many schools around their world, making sure the generation of Yordle shopkeepers live on. That, is my explanation for the League's shopkeepers.

shadooklaw

12-21-2012

Them shopkeepers are op man. 5x6 of every item, as well as an infinite supply of pots and elixers. They gonna one-shot yo whole team.