Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Rengar should not have been nerfed like this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gypsy Hyena

12-13-2012

Quote:
Vivi R66:
Dude, did you even TRY the PBE Rengar?

The only build that works puts him at massive disvantage compared to the older builds who worked, and even then you are 11seconds slower than before, with 30% less hp. He can handle the jungle, but his time and sustain got destroyed. He will be one of the worse junglers of the game, kinda bad as eve jungle, wont be competitive at all, doesnt matter its possible, its bad still.

To be honest, Evelynn's jungle is much faster and safer than Rengar's even before the nerfs (in the new jungle).

Karbonara

12-14-2012

I wholeheartedly agree with OP.
Rengar needs some nerf. but after all these chain nerfs, he deserve some buff up or just revert some of the previous nerfs.
1. Bring back the 7 second Ulti if the 3s fading must stay.
2. Bring back his HP regen from 4/+0.4 to the pre-nerf level (8/+0.8). To me this one nerf was outrageous.
3. I feel the heal percentage nerf on his W is unnecessary also. 10% on 3000HP is like, what? 300HP?

IonDragonX

12-16-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Quote:
SeigneurLemieux;32498229:
A little statistic:
Rengar's HP/5 at lvl 18 : 11.2
Riven's hp/5 at lvl ONE: 11.3
You forgot this one:
Rengar at lvl 1 : 4.4 (lowest of all champs)
Sivir at lvl 1 : 4.8 (2nd lowest of all champs)

Number of champs with 4.9 to 5.9 at level 1 : 38!
Ryze, Gangplank, Annie, Heimerdinger, Janna, LeBlanc, Lux , Malzahar, Corki, Brand, Ashe, Nami, Sona, Soraka, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Twisted Fate, Zilean, Anivia, Fiddlesticks, Karma, Kennen, Caitlyn, Elise, Morgana, Teemo, Cassiopeia, Zyra, Kog'Maw, Xerath, Nidalee, Twitch, Draven, Miss Fortune, Tristana, Wukong, Ziggs

And he scales the worst of any! It's sick. He's 10 to 20% lower than the worst in the league.

You have to understand that Rengar can't effectively use his W to heal until about level 4. Levels 1-3, he can't generate Ferocity often enough for his heal to matter.
Fit in some more stats.

ProRushian

12-17-2012

bump

GhettoMacGyver

12-17-2012

After the 2nd nerf in a row I foresaw Rengar becoming like old Eve, amazing at first, but then turned into garbage because a bunch of crappy players who cant counter build QQ on the forum and get him nerfed. He is instantly counted by 3 things:
1) any CC will lock him up and keep him away
2) oracle, if you can see him he isnt going to be jumping in and melting any faces unexpectedly
3) THORNMAIL, he has only 1 spell that does significant damage, his double Q, but if you get a thornmail you rob him of all his damage and make him pretty much kill himself if he even tries to use his Q on you.

Long story short, he was balanced after probably the second nerf, the 1st was to discourage any more AP rengar, the second dealt with the fact that his Q did to much early game. After that it was just over kill. Hope Riot fixes him, and thanks for reading.

Mariu

01-21-2013

bump

IonDragonX

01-21-2013

Quote:
Mariu:
bump

There was no need to bump (necro) my thread here. Rengar has been changed since I made this.
He's in a better place but his Bonetooth Necklace is still ****.
His jungle is better with the Q duration buff. I would still like another second on his W duration tho. (to match)
His heal is perfect and was much more than I was asking! (which fixes his sustain completely)
His ult got 2 seconds back! (WOOHOO!!)

dkslayer157

01-22-2013

WHY HAVE NO REDS READ THIS!!!!!
i mean serously rengar needs a buff bad. his jungling (witch if i remember right was what he was made for) is the worst in the game (yes worse than heim) so RIOT PLZ buff rengar early. also nerf fiora and vi if you want to ballance anyone.

Akuen

01-22-2013

Quote:
also nerf fiora and vi if you

Seems legit. As the OP said above you, Rengar is pretty much fine now.

XxRossyboyxX

04-25-2013

Bump.