Getting raged at

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

6rizz

12-05-2012

Ok first off I'm level 30 I know I shouldn't be posting in this forum but I didn't know where else to post. I am still learning how to play, and I'm pretty terrible. I can hold my own top lane and mid most of the time, but adc, jungle, support I am horrible. I want to get better and the only way to get better is to play games, but bots are too easy and the game doesn't play like it does in pvp. So today I decided to play a cpl bot games to get a hold of jungling/support and I have played a little adc before. Well after those I went into blind pick and did really bad at jungling. So people on my team are blaming us for the loss and telling me to stop playing LoL. I told them "Lol I told you I never jungle, you guys never asked for ganks, (which I asked them to do), and this isn't ranked, its a loss big whoop get over it".
So just looking for advice on how to handle situations like this. Also any tips on jungling would be nice, I have look at guides but still don't know when to do what ect ect.

Señor Blanco

12-05-2012

Don't worry about it. I think you did well to declare up-front that it was not your normal play style and that you were open to assistance (eg. calling ganks). Maybe try to gank/help a bit more if your teammates get overwhelmed. If there's a 2v1 lane, ask them if they are OK playing from the tower and to tell you if they need to go back and have you cover their lane.

DJ Spinfuse

12-05-2012

Just ignore all the hate. It's a community thing, people can't handle losing so they'll blame someone else. Jungler is that last resort someone.

I've told my friends who are new to jungling this, hope it helps.

As far as jungling goes, there's an invisible line that goes from the top left of the minimap, right through the river to the bottom right.

If we're being pushed toward our tower's side of that line, then you've got the greenlight to gank. You'll probably get a kill.
If we're pushing past that line to the enemy tower, we're at risk of being ganked by their jungler and should fall back, ESPECIALLY if we don't have a ward.

Now for the most part, that's a good way to tell if a lane needs ganking. (If enemy pushing past line, then gank. else check other lanes/keep jungling/counter jungle) But if you're feeling confident you can jump in when the battles on the line and do tower diving ganks. Just be aware of your champion.

Some champions have a better escape than others after diving a tower. Like Shaco's blink (Q) or Evelynn's speed boost (W), although by level 30 you're probably aware about how dangerous tower diving can get.

l Gankfest l

12-06-2012

Haters gonna hate...

I personally think Jungling is one of the hardest thing to learn if not the hardest... So keep practicing and learning the timing is important. I haven't jungled a lot or for awhile, but when I did it came down to timing(When/where to be and why?), and setting up ganks.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-07-2012

it's more than just knowing when and where to be and why. if the enemy laners are warding their lanes you need to get oracles or pink wards or else any gank you do would put you behind in farming. 90 percent of the time if the enemy team has a support with wards in her inventory the bot lane will be well warded, and you should know this ahead of time.

Garandor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

The fact that you declared being new is one of the best things you can do. If they grief you after then it's because they just don't care and are looking for someone to blame. The one thing i hate the most when i jungle is being blamed because i did not gank. As a jangler you cover more ground than anyone else. Not only do you have to look at your own farm but how your teammates are doing as well. So naturally you can't be everywhere at once. Most people won't ask for a gank and push past the neutral territory and then blame you for not assisting them when they get jumped by the enemy jungler. Either way you just gotta take it all in stride. Report those that need reporting. i still have trouble with timing my ganks, but an oracles will help you out quite a bit if you encounter a lot of warding. But if you cant afford, suggest the people that want ganks maybe by a pink ward so you can have a window to gank. Either way this game requires communication and most people feel the need to grief rather than talk and solve the problem. Try to play with a set group of friends, this will help as well or watch how others jungle when you are not playing jungle. Learn from them. Hope this helps. GL and HF.

MikeLemmer

12-07-2012

Jungling is extremely hard to practice in a Coop vs AI game because it leaves one of your lanes outmanned (1v2). Partner with someone you know & trust and have them turtle the 1v2 lane; that'll give you a chance to practice jungling without a random laner getting himself killed because he thinks he can take 2 bots in a straight-up fight.

Minakie

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Spinfuse View Post
Just ignore all the hate. It's a community thing, people can't handle losing so they'll blame someone else. Jungler is that last resort someone.
Yep, and if there's no jungler to blame they might just turn to the support instead *hides*