At RIOT, you guys forgot a VERY important lesson with the new store K.I.S.S.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralfazar

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMinho View Post
You know what should have went through atleast one developers head as they were making the new shop?

"If the shop is so complicated that we have to include a search bar, maybe we should re-think things."
SHH! Dota 2 has it so it MUST be useful!!!

Jegalo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgatto View Post
lets see, nested items down layers that don't help you find what you need based on various stats, or a way of searching for items by most of the common effects? It takes 2 button presses to find any item in the new store. Took 3 or so in the old, and that's if you knew where you were going. Also new store has this feature like everyone is forgetting.... Its called a search bar. You can type in a word, kinda like google, and find the item your looking for.

On top of that, the recommended items are much better and help people learn to build for how the game is going, thus helping the player base become better players.

Also also, you can still customize your recommended lists for champs, with just a little searching of these here forums.

I would say simplifying the finding of items over some crazy (and stupid) nested system that people only liked cause its how it's always been, is about as smart as saying women belong in the kitchen cause that's how its always been. Sometimes you have to step back and get over yourself to realize that a new way is a better way. Games die when a vocal minority thinks they know better than the silent majority.

Riot made a much simpler, much easier, much much more intuitive shop. That is Keeping It Simple..... Stupid.
Bravo! xD But seriously, really well-put.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMinho View Post
You know what should have went through atleast one developers head as they were making the new shop?

"If the shop is so complicated that we have to include a search bar, maybe we should re-think things."
I completely agree. I think Riot changed the UI just to do a change. However, change is not always good or needed. They should have kept with LoL's identity and left the UI alone