At RIOT, you guys forgot a VERY important lesson with the new store K.I.S.S.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralfazar

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Keep It Simple Stupid, you guys went from a really nice store to, well, check boxapalooza search along with type search and way too many clicks to do what took only a few in the old store.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labomba

Senior Member

12-07-2012

It's one checkbox and panel away from being an online tax return form.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBrightsighed

Junior Member

12-07-2012

Agreed, I hate it... I just came back today and am still getting used to it, but it is far more complicated and time consuming then when I was level 1 figuring stuff out on the previous store.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZerKaN

Junior Member

12-08-2012

Yea I ****ing love having to google items to find them in this big ass shop. On top of that I have to click about 15 checkboxes to finally find my item and then click the big X button to close the damn thing instead of right clicking away because the box takes up the whole damn screen. After 3000+ games I'm done...this new UI killed the fun aspect of this game for me. Dont fix what aint broken and pigeon-hole players into this bull****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ralfazar

Senior Member

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labomba View Post
It's one checkbox and panel away from being an online tax return form.
Oh man, so true, so true. XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hekiryuu

Senior Recruiter

12-10-2012

lets see, nested items down layers that don't help you find what you need based on various stats, or a way of searching for items by most of the common effects? It takes 2 button presses to find any item in the new store. Took 3 or so in the old, and that's if you knew where you were going. Also new store has this feature like everyone is forgetting.... Its called a search bar. You can type in a word, kinda like google, and find the item your looking for.

On top of that, the recommended items are much better and help people learn to build for how the game is going, thus helping the player base become better players.

Also also, you can still customize your recommended lists for champs, with just a little searching of these here forums.

I would say simplifying the finding of items over some crazy (and stupid) nested system that people only liked cause its how it's always been, is about as smart as saying women belong in the kitchen cause that's how its always been. Sometimes you have to step back and get over yourself to realize that a new way is a better way. Games die when a vocal minority thinks they know better than the silent majority.

Riot made a much simpler, much easier, much much more intuitive shop. That is Keeping It Simple..... Stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DingoRabiit

Senior Member

12-10-2012

The LoL in-game shop for items' search function, Does not allow a vast majority of keywords to be used inorder to find items.

For example, If i type "spellblade" "spell" "blade" "Spellblade" Or anything simmilar, The search engine will display Zero results, Except ofcourse on "blade" for "blade of the ruined king"

This also applys to Every Other Keyword such as "Furor" "Homeguard" "Legion" "Awe"
Please fix your search engine for the in game store


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgatto View Post
Riot made a much simpler, much easier, much much more intuitive shop. That is Keeping It Simple..... Stupid.
No, the new system is worse. It is HARDER to find items than it was before. Not to mention the new shop UI is just ugly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Space Racist

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Be sure to check out the toggle at the top to hide item descriptions - so the majority of the "clutter" disappears and item descriptions return to only showing as tooltips.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMinho

Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgatto View Post
lets see, nested items down layers that don't help you find what you need based on various stats, or a way of searching for items by most of the common effects? It takes 2 button presses to find any item in the new store. Took 3 or so in the old, and that's if you knew where you were going. Also new store has this feature like everyone is forgetting.... Its called a search bar. You can type in a word, kinda like google, and find the item your looking for.

On top of that, the recommended items are much better and help people learn to build for how the game is going, thus helping the player base become better players.

Also also, you can still customize your recommended lists for champs, with just a little searching of these here forums.

I would say simplifying the finding of items over some crazy (and stupid) nested system that people only liked cause its how it's always been, is about as smart as saying women belong in the kitchen cause that's how its always been. Sometimes you have to step back and get over yourself to realize that a new way is a better way. Games die when a vocal minority thinks they know better than the silent majority.

Riot made a much simpler, much easier, much much more intuitive shop. That is Keeping It Simple..... Stupid.
You know what should have went through atleast one developers head as they were making the new shop?

"If the shop is so complicated that we have to include a search bar, maybe we should re-think things."


12