Bug - Incorrect screen coordinates in borderless mode with dual monitors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Molech

10-11-2012

I'm using two monitors, one has a resolution of 1920x1280 while the other is 1280x1024. I prefer borderless mode so I can view guides while I play and it allows me to switch between the two without the video card changing modes on me. If the renderer is already running in full screen, I can switch to borderless just fine, but once the game ends and I start another game, it tries to start up in borderless mode and positions the top left corner of the window in the middle of my screen, spanning across both monitors with the entire bottom half of the window cut off. I can't even see the full menu to switch the video settings, but I figured out that Alt-Enter would cycle between them. I hate switching modes once I'm already in game because it seems to cause spikes in my frame rate for the rest of the game. This is 100% reproduceable on my system.

Molech

10-12-2012

I take it back, it's not 100% reproduceable because for the first time it didn't do it when I spectated someone, but it happened again right afterward.

iDuhlan

12-07-2012

I've had the same issue for a long time now.

I've figured out it's caused by changing current windows as the League splash screen is up, just after champion selection is done.
So if you're in the incredibly rare situation of browsing the net while the champ selection timer runs down, the splash screen obscures half your screen, so you click back into Chrome then you're rewarded with LoL deciding to place itself halfway outside of your screen space.

There is a fix though, you just have to change your windows resolution to anything, then change it back and LoL will fix itself.
It's still quite annoying to do this every time I instinctively click back into chrome...

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

is this the same thing that bee around for a long ass time. that even single monitor users get if they play borderless?