Yi: Still bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

12-05-2012

I'd really hoped that the new items would revitalize some old underplayed champs - but that doesnt appear to have happened at all. Yi is still squishy as hell, jungles incredibly slowly for someone who's got such a theoretically good jungle clearing spell.

If anyone has any ideas for how to tweak his kit, I'm all ears.

Potential adjustments include:

Increase the % chance of alpha strike proc working.

Alpha strike prioritizes champions if they are in range.

Decrease animation time on alpha strike.

Meditate is instant cast, rather than channeled.

Increased base health/armor and health/armor per level

Thubgar

12-05-2012

im pretty sure yi is supposed to be the intro character. easy to pick up and feel good about, but not very strong once you know the game.

that said, alpha shouldnt be a % anything. its a 10s cd, losing your jungle because the random number god hates you is unacceptable. e is better btw.

double strike should work on a timer like nocturne's passive so he can use it to gank.

alpha should either AD scale or have a bonus effect. it also needs QoL adjustments because right now it's buggy and unresponsive.

w should have the same armor/MR at all levels. if it doesn't, it stops performing its job past level 8.

there might be balance problems, but why does e lose its passive on CD? there is literally no champion worse than a yi with his abilities down.

BEST HOTWINGS NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

yi isn't meant to be viable

Zyite

12-05-2012

Master Yi is a good character for beginners as he is easy to play. However I do not believe by any means that he needs a 'buff'.

Nykidemus

12-05-2012

That is an awful thing to say. There should never be champs who are just bad, and intentionally so? That's abhorrent.

Kagami

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEST HOTWINGS NA View Post
yi isn't meant to be viable
orly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XruILpU6EQU

AD Yi could use a bit of help, but I think he is better in the S3 jungle than S2.

Peligrad

12-06-2012

I wouldn't mind yi and fiora being buffed. That said, those two crush the baddies at low levels already...

Then again...so does Jax, Xin, and Irelia and they're all competitive...

QC Pyro

12-06-2012

if you are bad with yi, you suck there are yis in all most every game i play

BEST HOTWINGS NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QC Pyro View Post
if you are bad with yi, you suck there are yis in all most every game i play
500 elo doesn't count

DarkenDragon

12-06-2012

master yi isnt someone that can be good based on the items you build, master yi is a psychological champion, you gotta know when to go in and when to back out

because hes fairly squishy, you gotta pick your targets carefully and use gurilla tactics to wittle your enemies down. not an easy skill to master, but once you do, you can easily wreck a team by yourself. and not to mention he snowballs quite well.