@Riot, Please respect the Korean community

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkautumn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

Hi

I am writing on behalf of the Korean LoL community and the game is huge there. Way bigger than DoTa and DoTa 2 is pretty much no threat there.

The largest problem I wanted to address is that the Koreans keep struggling to install a Korean font into the game client, and you guys keep patching it over so that they cannot type/speak Korean. It's a long process to get the font working, and every week it gets patched over and has to be done again.

Here are a couple of examples showing how big the game is in Korea and with overseas-living Koreans:
http://www.thisisgame.com/lol/
http://lol.inven.co.kr/

Notice how they even have "thanks to XXXX for the fan-translation". They also make plays of the week videos and theres literally 100x game cafes that have LoL installed.

Also, look at this guide, teaching Koreans how to navigate the English interface:
http://lol.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/guide/

See how dedicated they are to playing this game. But Riot keeps interfering with their gaming experience.

Here is the old guide to getting the Korean 'Hangul' font into the game client:
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php? id=914892&board=0&category=13729&subcategory=&page =1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

Note that this has to be done every week or every time a mini/full patch is released..

At the very least, please install an ingame Korean font so that it would make it easier for a lot of Koreans to play and chat with each other. (instead of resulting in [][][][][][][] )

Anyways, I'm sure to get a lot of internet hate for this post but I hope it was worth the attempt ><

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

As a fellow Korean out here in America, I support this! It's so frustrating to know that I COULD communicate with my teammates but the client is preventing it.

Zoram

11-17-2011

I support this thread. I love korean food, and S. Korea is cool peoplez.

For great Justice.

Deus Aeternus

11-17-2011

/singed

Slarg232

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox1st View Post
I love korean food,
Oh by the Nine Divines, Korean Food

Tutorial Warrior

11-17-2011

+1

I've been playing on my smurf account recently, and 90% of the players at low levels seem to be Korean, looking at '[][][][][][][] [][][][][][][] ' while they type all game is very annoying.

VengefulLegatus

11-17-2011

South Korea has helped esports become really huge.
It's a just cause

XElement

11-17-2011

I don't think its we hate the Korean people. It is when you play in a group and only speak Korean, so we cannot understand and just see a box text.
That is probably the main issue.

RoughAshlar

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Define EchÝ View Post
+1

I've been playing on my smurf account recently, and 90% of the players at low levels seem to be Korean, looking at '[][][][][][][] [][][][][][][] ' while they type all game is very annoying.
I hope this is your "smurf" account Mr 0 ranked games.

THEPRETTIESTPONY

11-17-2011

give them their own server please riot, i am literally fed up with the other 4 members of my team speaking in boxes. I'm glad you enjoy the game, but you gotta realize it comes at the cost of us not being able to communicate -_-

12345 ... 6