How do you get into this game with all the AFKrs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pylote

12-06-2012

It really is starting to blow my mind with how many games have been ruined by an AFKer from the very start. Its frustrating to the point that I might give up this game and the only main reason is due to teammates going AFK and making the 40 min match an instant loss. Does it get better or is it just not worth it?

Scoteecopter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

If someone is AFK from the start, you should be surrendering at the 20 minute mark. But yes, it does get better as you get to higher levels. More people understand the time committment of a single game instead of thinking "oh hey, I have 15 minutes before work, I'll play some LoL." Sadly there is still some AFKing or disconnecting that is unavoidable. Do report people each time you find them AFK though, if it happens often enough their account can be suspended or even permanently banned.

Joyous

12-07-2012

Well to say you have to surrender at 20 isn't necessarily true. ALWAYS try your best during the game. You can win a 4v5 if you are demonstrating exemplary teamwork skills. A lot of it does get better with how much you play because you will learn your strengths and learn how to handle the AFK better when it does occur. (It's almost unavoidable unless you constantly play with a full team)

You'll eventually find League of Legends to be quite addictive to where you play just because you feel like you have to. I'd say stick around to try the game more. AFKs might ruin that particular game but they won't ruin every game you play. (: Good luck.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-07-2012

team mates only afk if you are not good at the game. and losing a game, they will probably leave, but either way the leavers get banned if they do it enough. nothing you got to worry about really. try getting better and you will notice there is less afk's.