Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Point value system for Items and the gold cost.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckyBoii

12-07-2012

Sorry if you were expecting one because I don't have one.

I was just thinking how nice it would be if someone were to make a point value system for League of Legends' items based on the gold cost.
Such as, AD and which item would be more worth its gold cost; a PD or a Statikk Shiv.
That would most likely be the PD as it gives 10% more AS and Crit%.
But that doesn't even take into account the proc from the Shiv.

The point I'm trying to make is that someone should come up with a cheat sheet with point values for certain item stat values.
Example: for each 5% of AS 2 points could be given. Or for each 5 AD 3 points would be its value.
This 'cheat sheet' of course would have to be very in-depth calculating passives on items such as Wit's End with increasing point value or a % of the potential max MR you would receive from it when at max stacks.

This 'cheat sheet' would probably just help people find a good value for the gold (the most bang for your buck) when looking at building a champ. It would also help you determine what would be better to build when dealing with certain situations such as enemy armour values or HP.
But this couldn't replace intuition of a good player, it could simply aid them.

Chances are this sheet would be impossible to calculate dealing with so many different things that could go wrong; positioning, abilities of champions, debuffs, etc.
There's too much math for LoL to just make a sheet of it and make it a game of #'s, but I just wanted to vent about it. Thanks for reading.