The State of Ranged ADC's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoodxThings

Junior Member

12-06-2012

I know its a little early to tell, but what are everybody's takes on the viabilities of ranged adc's post-patch? So far I've noticed them working a little better, especially with the addition of runaan's hurricane and other items.

Granted I only play normals at what is almost certainly the lowest of elos, but I'm curious to hear from you guys what your first thoughts post-patch are?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chesticles02

Member

12-06-2012

They are definitely viable. However (as with any game plan) taking a ranged ADC into SI should be discussed with your team. A team that is designed around their ADC and plays well together can be absolutely destructive past the 25 minute mark.

In my experience, the difficulty is finding the teammates who are on board with, and understand the meaning of, passive play. But when you find those two gents (or gentle ladies) who pick up hard CC and know their role, you guys look like the All American LoL team.

Just my thoughts on the matter, but I'm also known as the village idiot too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobinatorlol

Senior Member

12-06-2012

I don't think it helped them much. The hurricane is really expensive. If they rush this item you know they will be doing very little damage and they will be an easy target until they do. The majority of the ranged ADC's need to get either an IE or Sanguine Blade first. Both of these require a bit of farming. During this early farming phase is where they suffer (IMO). If the enemy team is smart they just camp whichever lane the ranged ADC is in and put them behind. Most ranged ADC's still requires a team to be built around them or a full lane support.

Who I think is even more OP then last patch with the changes is AS AP Kayle. Spellsword mastery is really strong on her. Late game with a Malady, BFT, Nashor's Tooth, Cap, Wits End is some of the most broken damage I have ever seen. You can even switch something out for a hurricane if you wanted. First time I played her on the new patch was vs a Singed, Mundo, Sin and I was able to drop them all within seconds late game. All 3 of them called kayle a broken champ by the end of the game because I had two ways of going invulnerable and the amount of damage. I rarely see Kayle's played and when I do they go AD or Phantom Dancers which doesn't put out near enough damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesticles02 View Post
They are definitely viable. However (as with any game plan) taking a ranged ADC into SI should be discussed with your team. A team that is designed around their ADC and plays well together can be absolutely destructive past the 25 minute mark.

In my experience, the difficulty is finding the teammates who are on board with, and understand the meaning of, passive play. But when you find those two gents (or gentle ladies) who pick up hard CC and know their role, you guys look like the All American LoL team.

Just my thoughts on the matter, but I'm also known as the village idiot too.
this, oly ranked game i won so far was witha combinationof AMumu+malphite peeling for Fiora, now i know Fiora isn't ranged but she's an adc (or well adn hybrid between caster and adc), Amumu and malphite just made sure the enemy team couldn't touch me while i murderfaced everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-06-2012

My gold ranked team got destroyed by a ADC on a team designed around her. Cait just rushed a bunch of BF swords. Which surprisingly worked. By the time she had 4 it was pretty much over. We couldn't get to her in team fights because they had too much CC. We even had gap closers, I was running Jax and my friend was Lee. I feel like if you can get some decent damage and then go for a hurricane you could do pretty well. You just have to have good teammates with hard cc to protect you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

12-07-2012

I had a lot of fun with Kog and a Runaan's rush. He's probably one of the only champions that can get away with it because of his W.

Aside from that, it's almost always a good idea to get your AD up before investing in AS and Crit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chesticles02

Member

12-07-2012

Also, as far as hard CC comrades to party with, Nautilus is way up on the list for me. Nautilus and Amumu are both solid gents to tag along with along with Malphite. Everytime Nautilus is with me he is ALWAYS the unsung hero. We win, I pull a poopload of kills, and I make sure to thank him for everyone of those so he'll want to play with me again haha.

To all you Nauties out there, go on brush ya shoulders off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
I don't think it helped them much. The hurricane is really expensive. If they rush this item you know they will be doing very little damage and they will be an easy target until they do. The majority of the ranged ADC's need to get either an IE or Sanguine Blade first. Both of these require a bit of farming. During this early farming phase is where they suffer (IMO). If the enemy team is smart they just camp whichever lane the ranged ADC is in and put them behind. Most ranged ADC's still requires a team to be built around them or a full lane support.

Who I think is even more OP then last patch with the changes is AS AP Kayle. Spellsword mastery is really strong on her. Late game with a Malady, BFT, Nashor's Tooth, Cap, Wits End is some of the most broken damage I have ever seen. You can even switch something out for a hurricane if you wanted. First time I played her on the new patch was vs a Singed, Mundo, Sin and I was able to drop them all within seconds late game. All 3 of them called kayle a broken champ by the end of the game because I had two ways of going invulnerable and the amount of damage. I rarely see Kayle's played and when I do they go AD or Phantom Dancers which doesn't put out near enough damage.
Sounds very interesting, would you be so kind as to share your runes and masteries with us?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobinatorlol

Senior Member

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Sounds very interesting, would you be so kind as to share your runes and masteries with us?
I would but I'm on my phone at the moment. However shortly after posting this someone opened a kayle thread asking others what their builds were. I posted exactly how I build her. If I were not on my phone I would link it to you. Look for a thread title that has kayle in it. Should be on this page or the next. Quick rundown.

AS quints, AS reds, Armor yellows, MR blues
21/9/0 (all points on the ap side of offense tree with the AS taken instead of cdr)
R>E>Q>W

Start with boots + dagger upgrade to zerkers first time back.

Malady is the first purchase you make. Then BFT. After those are complete get a stinger to build into nashors tooth.

That's the build in a nutshell. Final two items can be a variety of items. I usually stay with the ap theme and get a cap and wits end. But building ad during this time is very viable such as a ruined blade(allows you to solo vilemaw whenever). As well as life steel or spellvamp. If you do plan on getting AD you can go 30/0/0 I don't believe this is ideal but dam is the damage crazy. You get very close to the AS cap end game.

Main goals is reaching an outrageous amount of AS and enough CDR for 100% uptime on E so you never have to get in melee range.

Farming with her is far too easy and you will get most of the cs so if you go duo try to get them to pick someone who doesn't require a lot of cs.

Even though I wrote more than I thought I would I still recommend that you read my other post as well. Add me in game if you would like to know more.