Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gifting - Bug report and Feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zyxn

12-09-2012

I am unable to gift anything. I have tried to do it once before and it worked fine. Now after i tried it looks like its working but then nothing happens. It shows the working screen and then nothing happens and im back at the finalize screen. If i try to gift a champion that the recipient already has then it will tell me that they already have it and not go through. I have tried with both champions and skins and tried to gift to different people.

this happened right after i tried to join a custom game that didnt start and i tried logging off and back on between the tries.

Edit: It started working again after i bought something else from the store.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

12-09-2012

Quote:
Zyxn:
I am unable to gift anything. I have tried to do it once before and it worked fine. Now after i tried it looks like its working but then nothing happens. It shows the working screen and then nothing happens and im back at the finalize screen. If i try to gift a champion that the recipient already has then it will tell me that they already have it and not go through. I have tried with both champions and skins and tried to gift to different people.

this happened right after i tried to join a custom game that didnt start and i tried logging off and back on between the tries.

Edit: It started working again after i bought something else from the store.

Your session might have expired. Reloading the store should fix it - did you have the store/client open for a long time before you tried?

AbyssionKnight

12-09-2012

I would really like it if when you're going to gift people, you don't see items they already own.

If you don't know what someone wants but are trying to be nice, it can be really annoying to find a champion, especially on pbe where some people have almost all the champions already.

ACookieMonster

12-09-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32265393#post32265393

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32266903#post32266903

The ability to search would be amazing.

aZnPYTHONaZn

12-09-2012

@Riot: Are yu guys doing some sort of "Secret Santa" event at Riot this year? I know this is unrelated but I couldnt get into Pbe due to huge amount of people trying the same thing

baldmonkey

12-09-2012

can u make it so that in order to gift someone they have to have been on ur friends list for a long period of time so that it is far more difficult for hackers to buy tons of things for themselves with ur rp

Zyxn

12-09-2012

Quote:
RiotAmes:
Your session might have expired. Reloading the store should fix it - did you have the store/client open for a long time before you tried?

No, when it didn't work at first I restarted the client and it still didn't work after logging in again. Only after I bought something did it start working again.

ShadeOfRed

12-10-2012

I was exchanging gifts with my roommate just ot see how the system worked, and theres a few legit feedback points I want to make, and a ... well... funny thing that can be done with the messages and its interactions with the accept button.

Feedback: It shouldn't let you even see the things that you wouldnt be able to gift someone, such as a skin for a champion they dont have, or a champion that they already have.

And some troll things you can do with the messages:

*******http://tinypic.com/r/10r0dv4/6********

I mean.... we know each other and its funny, but what if someone didnt want to say "awesome" to a negatively-connotated comment?

muggtonp

12-10-2012

Out of curiosity, what happens if you are gifted a skin that you already have, or a skin for a champion you don't have?

EDIT:

I dun goofed and didn't see the clause about not owning the champ or already having the skin.

VeraLuise

12-10-2012

I was having trouble gifting Pulsefire Ezreal. No notification or indication as to why, it just wouldn't gift. Not sure if it's a bug, or just me.